• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any "one-pair-of-jeans" guys here?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have plenty available and just pick them based on the color / silhouette of my outfit. Sure, most of them are dark blue, but some of the blues go better with some things than others do.

For example, I think the blue color of the Warehouse 660 looks like crap with the color of my black boots, so whenever I'm wearing those boots, I'll pick a different pair of jeans.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I've been wearing my Warehouse 660s on the regular all year now; kind of funny that I felt like I needed a change just today- I'm wearing a pair of vintage wash APC New Standards. I kind of agree with Jet in that I don't like wearing jeans that are shiny and brand new all the time, because jeans really do develop with wear. However, when I do want to look a bit fresher, I'll wear my 5ep sdz, and I know that I'll keep buying a couple of pairs of jeans a year even if they end up not being worn immediately.

minimal

Reaction score
I own 1 pair only: APC Rescue.

Though I did recently try on a pair of DH mij raws that I *loved*.

Wash day?! As I said to the salesperson: "these will never see water."

johnnylazar

Reaction score
I have over 30 pairs of jeans. I only wear about 6 of them. My academi's and rrl are the ones i wear the most. RRL's for 4 months without a wash, amazing.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a few pairs, only really wear the RB11. Not because I want to fade them but just because they are my favorites. I wear a lot of cords and khakis though.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
And I don't know what to say about Tycoon's post. I think I'm just going to pretend it never happened.
My ESEF Oris have white diagonal lines around the two back pockets, it looks like markings. Every time I'm done running in them the sweat that soaks through apparently makes those markings go away for awhile. I don't think it's fading, maybe this is what a bunch of dried sweat does to denim over a period of time. No digital cameras to snap photos for you guys.

~ true story

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the same pair of jeans 6-7 days a week for the last 5 months.
(RRL Straight Legs)

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I've only been wearing my apc's for the past few months.
APC? Man, better step your game up :p Stop rocking bargain bin denimz

Black Cherry

Reaction score
I like this thread. I own.. Five pairs of jeans.

APC new cures, my first raw, which I wore four months straight initially. They are shelved indefinitely until I get the crotch seam repaired and the knees reinforced.

Ande Whall Grifters, which I also wore four months straight. Then I started rotating both of them. Grifters currently are six + months in and are my work/beat to unholy **** jeans.

Black 511s. I rarely, rarely wear these. I actually bought them for a single event in particular.

Levi's 501 STFs. Wore these for a while to spare my other pairs the knee torture. Good to have around if I'm going to be doing something so hazardous to denim that I don't want to wear anything else. Haven't touched them since I got..

LVC 501 1947s, which I worked in for a couple months and are now my going out/doing anything other than working jeans.

Current rotation is Grifters and 1947s. I'm pretty sure I won't need another pair of jeans for two years.

itskub

Reaction score
me me me. i love being minimalistic.

one raw pair by Patrizia Pepe - 5+ months no washes. I do however have 3 or 4 pants in my rotation.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty close. I don't have any actual nice jeans because I'm still trying to drop some weight...seems silly to drop a bunch of $$$ on jeans that will hopefully not fit soon. I have a couple pair of Lucky jeans (yeah, I know) that I almost never wear and one pair of Gap selvage jeans that I've been wearing most of the time for the past 7 months or so. They have broken in nicely and have a little fading going on. I wash them every week or two depending upon how much I've worn them the previous week. They are holding together great and I've actually been rather impressed with them. I like the "one-pair-of-jeans" concept. I have one nice watch and one nice knife that I carry with me every day. One nice pair of jeans sounds like a good idea as well. When I drop a little more weight I plan to get some APC Rescues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads