• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see his post and thought he was referring to regular kavalan releases. IIRC these are around $100 duty free. Here's mine still to be finished:

7D4A0B41-908C-42E0-B14C-A6337F1094AD.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if not raped and searching around, a 700ml bottle of the Solist can be had for about $130usd. Well worth the price. I’ve actually enjoyed Kavalan’s entry whiskies as well. Very good and glad they continue to stay slightly under the radar.

Btw, good to see you post @cchen Nice bottle. I’ll have trouble keeping mine unfinished. What is the year of that? I keep an eye out for the 2008 cause I’ve heard they are substantially better than later casks.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if not raped and searching around, a 700ml bottle of the Solist can be had for about $130usd. Well worth the price. I’ve actually enjoyed Kavalan’s entry whiskies as well. Very good and glad they continue to stay slightly under the radar.

Btw, good to see you post @cchen Nice bottle. I’ll have trouble keeping mine unfinished. What is the year of that? I keep an eye out for the 2008 cause I’ve heard they are substantially better than later casks.

cheers! mine is 090608 but i did have a few bottles from before this so could have been '08.

I've been drinking much more during lockdown and down to these 2 Speysides and the Kavalan open. Have a few unopen bottles that I was going to sell/trade but might end up just drinking them

IMG_0770.jpg

sftiger

Reaction score
cheers! mine is 090608 but i did have a few bottles from before this so could have been '08.

I've been drinking much more during lockdown and down to these 2 Speysides and the Kavalan open. Have a few unopen bottles that I was going to sell/trade but might end up just drinking them

Love Cadenhead. Cool shop in Edinburgh.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. Order the 15 from the UK. Very good. The 17 is nice. The 25 is maybe not worth it despite being a great price for the age. I do think the 15 is amazing value.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aberlour, although their range is rather limited.
I’ve heard the abunadh is pretty variable from batch to batch and it kind of scared me off. I’ll have to look at specific batch reviews

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For Glendronach fans, what should I turn to next? Glenfarclas?

Yes, Glendronach Revival is probably in my top 3 single malts, but Glenfarclas 21 year old is up there also. I've also had the 17 which is very good, but the upcharge to 21 is worth it in my opinion. I also really like a lot of what's coming out of Arran these days, have you ever tried? Also, Glenmorangie is doing some really interesting finishes these days.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This years Cairdeas from Laphroaig is aged in wine and port barrels. Should be pretty nice.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arran wine casks finish are really special. Pricing is low and they make a very interesting dram.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads