Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by French Cuff Consignment, Dec 14, 2006.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Yea, if you're just looking for something when you're not that sure if you like it, Glenmorangie10 is pretty good for that. Really easy to drink straight, not really peaty or syrupy like some others. Is tasty still despite being pretty mild and it's on the cheap side. I can get it for like $30 in boston which as crazy high liquor prices for the states

2. Telefonica

Telefonica Senior member

Anyone out there like the Ardbeg 10 yo? I bought a bottle and I want to enjoy it, but every time I take a sip, all I taste is rubber and iodine [​IMG]

I'm pretty new to Scotch, but I really enjoy Macallan 12 yo and Arbelour A'bunadh. I'm thinking of picking up a Dalmore 12 yo. Any comments on Dalmore 12? Something I might enjoy based on the other two scotches that I like?

3. Waistcoat

Waistcoat Well-Known Member

Anyone out there like the Ardbeg 10 yo? I bought a bottle and I want to enjoy it, but every time I take a sip, all I taste is rubber and iodine [​IMG]

I'm pretty new to Scotch, but I really enjoy Macallan 12 yo and Arbelour A'bunadh. I'm thinking of picking up a Dalmore 12 yo. Any comments on Dalmore 12? Something I might enjoy based on the other two scotches that I like?

I enjoy the Ardbeg 10, it is definitely not a scotch for newcomers. Even after trying a lot of different malts, I found it the strongest of anything I had tried and then some. My advice is to leave it be for a while, get your palate well and truly accustomed to scotch and then try it again.

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

D & M has the regular release in store now. I picked up a couple from them.

Good lookin out, ama. Hopefully they still have some left on Saturday.

6. Telefonica

Telefonica Senior member

I enjoy the Ardbeg 10, it is definitely not a scotch for newcomers. Even after trying a lot of different malts, I found it the strongest of anything I had tried and then some. My advice is to leave it be for a while, get your palate well and truly accustomed to scotch and then try it again.

Great, thanks!

7. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I agree. I would say this, however, I don't think any of the Speysides will prepare you for the Islays. No matter how much you drink. Not much if any peat. Highland malts, however, have some peat and heavy peat reek is what characterizes Islay malts.

8. ama

ama Senior member

Good lookin out, ama. Hopefully they still have some left on Saturday.

Call and ask for Kyle, I'm sure he will hold some for you!

9. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

Having some Macallan 12yr Sherry Cask - for $38 at Costco, it's a pretty good value.

10. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Call and ask for Kyle, I'm sure he will hold some for you!

Got mine. You're my hero. [​IMG]

11. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

got ancnoc 12 years as a gift. anyone have this before?

12. gam29

gam29 Senior member

macallan 12 is a staple in my collection

i also like glenlivet 18, and on occasion, i'll get some macallan 18 or 25

13. ama

ama Senior member

Got mine. You're my hero. [​IMG]

Let me know if you crack one open. Mine are waiting for another bottle to join them before they ship out.

14. Kyoung05

Kyoung05 Senior member

I was recently gifted a bottle of Glenrothes Select Reserve. While I don't find it as interesting as the Macallan 12yr Sherry Cask (the other Speyside I have at home), it's still very good. Much more light-bodied and subdued/nuanced. Starts off very light, almost like a watered-down Johnny Walker Black Label (but not necessarily in a bad way), but then you get an explosion of spiciness on the finish - it's interesting. K&amp;L Wine Merchants has it for $39 - at that price, I'd definitely say it's worth trying.

15. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Let me know if you crack one open. Mine are waiting for another bottle to join them before they ship out.

Only managed to get one. [​IMG]

If I can score a 2nd bottle, the General Release comes out soon, or get wildly impatient, I'll open it.