• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
$100 for the QC is steep. Where do you live? I paid about $50 for the QC and $60 for the Uigeadail.

yeah that is pretty expensive.. QC is $50 and recently bought another bottle of Uigeadail for around $65ish.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello scotch thread.

So I just picked up Laphroaig 18. I was curious if anyone else has tried it and what they think. I like it but I basically just cracked it open two days ago and need to get deeper into the bottle before I can be sure.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite Laphroaig, that's for sure.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Hello scotch thread.

So I just picked up Laphroaig 18. I was curious if anyone else has tried it and what they think. I like it but I basically just cracked it open two days ago and need to get deeper into the bottle before I can be sure.

I like it, but I liked the 15 that is replaced more.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually don't add water to scotch but just a bit of water seems to make the Laph 18 open up quite a bit. There is a lot going on in there~~~

Waistcoat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
$100 for the QC is steep. Where do you live? I paid about $50 for the QC and $60 for the Uigeadail.

Welcome to the land of Australia, where shipping costs plus a ridiculous duty jacks the price up on everything. The cheapest single malt I've seen is Glenlivet/fiddich for around $50, it just goes up from there. Uigeadail is, wait for it, $135...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Uigey would be like $200 a bottle here, but it's not for sale at the shops; there's one bar with it and they ask $40 a shot.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i dont even know tbh, just saw it on a shelf and went in for the kill. If it's not 10/12y here, then the only other price point is 'expensive' edit: got that for half off though
devil.gif
and they rang me a $70 shot as a $15 one last time as well
devil.gif

duofold

Reaction score
Picked up a couple of bottles...Laphroaig 18 for $50 and Talisker 18 for $70.

Laphroaig 18 is easily found here in MN. Not so much for Talisker 18. Had to scour the web for Talisker; I found it at Beltramo's for $70.

Bond111

Reaction score
I was off visiting a friend yesterday, and I stopped at there local wine and spirits shop, and could have sworn it was Glenmorangie D'or Nectar they had on sale for $35, originally 48.99, but wasn't sure if it was worth picking up or not. They had a couple bottles left. Is it any good?

randydjack

Reaction score
I've tried quite a few single malts in my short years, and I can honestly say that the Laphroaig 15 (my first Laphroaig) was abysmal. Tasted like oily seaweed mixed with mouthwash; rain water scooped out of a sewage plant with Bvlgari Aqua Marine dumped into it and mixed 50/50 with a single malt. I guess even those who've acquired a taste for Scotch have to acquire a taste for Laphroaig.

With that:

Highland: The Macallan 18 and 21

Speyside: The Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve

Lowland: The Auchentoshan 12 (my "dessert" Scotch)

If I'm going to drink an Islay, it'll be Lagavulin 16.

Blended's The Dimple.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by duofold
Picked up a couple of bottles...Laphroaig 18 for $50 and Talisker 18 for $70. Laphroaig 18 is easily found here in MN. Not so much for Talisker 18. Had to scour the web for Talisker; I found it at Beltramo's for $70.
I wish I can buy spirits online. Talisker 18 is like a fossil down here. jw, you like fountain pen?

duofold

Reaction score
A little. Introduced to me by my wife. She gave me a Greenwich Meridian and a Mosaic as gifts long ago. Was using one when trying to figure out a SF username.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads