Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by French Cuff Consignment, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

$100 for the QC is steep. Where do you live? I paid about $50 for the QC and $60 for the Uigeadail.

yeah that is pretty expensive.. QC is $50 and recently bought another bottle of Uigeadail for around $65ish.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

Hello scotch thread.

So I just picked up Laphroaig 18. I was curious if anyone else has tried it and what they think. I like it but I basically just cracked it open two days ago and need to get deeper into the bottle before I can be sure.

3. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

My favorite Laphroaig, that's for sure.

4. ama

ama Senior member

Hello scotch thread.

So I just picked up Laphroaig 18. I was curious if anyone else has tried it and what they think. I like it but I basically just cracked it open two days ago and need to get deeper into the bottle before I can be sure.

I like it, but I liked the 15 that is replaced more.

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

I usually don't add water to scotch but just a bit of water seems to make the Laph 18 open up quite a bit. There is a lot going on in there~~~

6. Waistcoat

Waistcoat Well-Known Member

$100 for the QC is steep. Where do you live? I paid about $50 for the QC and $60 for the Uigeadail.

Welcome to the land of Australia, where shipping costs plus a ridiculous duty jacks the price up on everything. The cheapest single malt I've seen is Glenlivet/fiddich for around $50, it just goes up from there. Uigeadail is, wait for it, $135...

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Uigey would be like $200 a bottle here, but it's not for sale at the shops; there's one bar with it and they ask $40 a shot.

8. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

That sucks. How about the corry?

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i dont even know tbh, just saw it on a shelf and went in for the kill. If it's not 10/12y here, then the only other price point is 'expensive' edit: got that for half off though[​IMG] and they rang me a $70 shot as a $15 one last time as well [​IMG]

10. duofold

duofold Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple of bottles...Laphroaig 18 for $50 and Talisker 18 for $70.

Laphroaig 18 is easily found here in MN. Not so much for Talisker 18. Had to scour the web for Talisker; I found it at Beltramo's for $70.

11. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

I was off visiting a friend yesterday, and I stopped at there local wine and spirits shop, and could have sworn it was Glenmorangie D'or Nectar they had on sale for $35, originally 48.99, but wasn't sure if it was worth picking up or not. They had a couple bottles left. Is it any good?

12. randydjack

randydjack Member

I've tried quite a few single malts in my short years, and I can honestly say that the Laphroaig 15 (my first Laphroaig) was abysmal. Tasted like oily seaweed mixed with mouthwash; rain water scooped out of a sewage plant with Bvlgari Aqua Marine dumped into it and mixed 50/50 with a single malt. I guess even those who've acquired a taste for Scotch have to acquire a taste for Laphroaig.

With that:

Highland: The Macallan 18 and 21

Speyside: The Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve

Lowland: The Auchentoshan 12 (my "dessert" Scotch)

If I'm going to drink an Islay, it'll be Lagavulin 16.

Blended's The Dimple.

13. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Picked up a couple of bottles...Laphroaig 18 for $50 and Talisker 18 for $70. Laphroaig 18 is easily found here in MN. Not so much for Talisker 18. Had to scour the web for Talisker; I found it at Beltramo's for $70.
    I wish I can buy spirits online. Talisker 18 is like a fossil down here. jw, you like fountain pen?

14. duofold

A little. Introduced to me by my wife. She gave me a Greenwich Meridian and a Mosaic as gifts long ago. Was using one when trying to figure out a SF username.

15. duofold