• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My baby photo.
155202_952317980130_15904009_49673531_2067048_n.jpg

Duckelf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bohdathone
If you're in Glasgow, go in and ask at the Whisky Shop in Buchanan Galleries, or Tam's Drams in Argyle St. They'll give you samples, advice etc
Thanks a lot, that is a very useful post. I was going down to Buchanan today anyway.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my dog rolls kinda hard too:
67187_952323753560_15904009_49673644_4376349_n.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Copped green label for 33.99 thanks rambo. Still
mad.gif
at bacon for not hookin me up with the lag 16.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Copped green label for 33.99 thanks rambo. Still
mad.gif

I'm here for ya. What was the before coupon price? That seems awfully low compared to what I see it for around here.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, like today, it was snowing heavily here, so when coming home in the late afternoon, I poured myself a splash of Talisker with a few drops of water into a large glass that I could savour all evening in a synaesthetic experience.

Also, I bought two bottles, yesterday, to that I'm very much looking forward: a Rosebank (Gordon&MacPhail from 1991, 17yrs) and the Laphroaig Quarter Cask.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had some Balvenie DW before bed last night, one Yamazaki 18 after dinner earlier, gonna get back into my Laphroaig QC now I think.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I'm here for ya. What was the before coupon price? That seems awfully low compared to what I see it for around here.

Here's the thing, those bastards raised the price from 39.99 to 43.99 then had the 10 off coupon. All the other before prices weren't raised for the coupon, gold was 60 minus 10 and blue was 150 minus 25 which is an excellent excellent deal for blue drinkers.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Copped green label for 33.99 thanks rambo.

Still
mad.gif

lol if you came up to NorCal for Thanksgiving, you would have been able to drink Laga 16 to your heart's content. Lord knows my friends did.
plain.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Here's the thing, those bastards raised the price from 39.99 to 43.99 then had the 10 off coupon. All the other before prices weren't raised for the coupon, gold was 60 minus 10 and blue was 150 minus 25 which is an excellent excellent deal for blue drinkers.
Good lord that's cheap. I had to swing in to the local store to pick up some fruit and ran by the liquor store. Green was $49.99, Gold was $79.99, and Blue was $189.99. They often do the pricing dance with their coupons. Usually, its small amounts like that, but I once saw them jack the price of a TV up $100 when it had a $300 coupon on it.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Good lord that's cheap. I had to swing in to the local store to pick up some fruit and ran by the liquor store. Green was $49.99, Gold was $79.99, and Blue was $189.99.
Hell, you can get a bottle of Macallan 18 for that price...at the liquor store. The Macallan is a glorious Speyside and shouldn't offend those delicate palates that want homogenization...or sugar.
devil.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DWFII
Hell, you can get a bottle of Macallan 18 for that price...at the liquor store. The Macallan is a glorious Speyside and shouldn't offend those delicate palates that want homogenization...or sugar.
devil.gif

If I was spending close to $200 on a bottle I could think of a lot of things I'd buy before Macallan 18.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
If I was spending close to $200 on a bottle I could think of a lot of things I'd buy before Macallan 18.
Well, the point was more about Costco and JW than it was about other "things." That said, I agree...for $200.00 you could get two bottles of green and have enough left over for a pair of AE's.
nest.gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Macallan than the latter option.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I'd rather have the Macallan than the latter option.
As the Chairman is fond of saying..."wise choice." That said, I'm an Ilsay man myself but the Macallan 18 is a very nice dram in my opinion. I had my first taste of it at an Easter brunch last year and I thought it was delightful...different from my idea of SMS, but still delightful. Of course, there is always the possibility that I was having one of those "golden moments in SMS tasting" where you first sip a whisky and either because your environment is so pleasant or because your endorphins are running high, it is an experience that you can never seem to repeat no matter how many times you try. I probably wouldn't spend that kind of money not when Lagavulin and Laphroaig QC are so much less but I'd gratefully accept it as a gift...and treasure it appropriately.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads