• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their peated stuff is too much for me. Their non-peated wine barrel finishes are quite good though (sherry, port, marsala).

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their peated stuff is too much for me. Their non-peated wine barrel finishes are quite good though (sherry, port, marsala).

Agree with this. It’s really not bad whiskey at all. I figured the faster maturation rate would yield poor whiskey. It’s really not bad.

noobedloser

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for single malts from Scotland or NE? Buddy of mine can bring some over stateside and would like to gift them out to some friends. Looking to pay anywhere between $50-100/bottle

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Broseph, there's 4.6k posts in this thread. I'm thinking a little reading will yield an answer.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah there isnt even a beginning of what to look for. What are the attributes you are looking for? Peaty or non? Fruity? Rich? Spicy? Smoky? Grassy? Malty? Light? Recommendations can really only come from preferences. And to that extent, there isn’t much exclusive (or cheap) to Scotland. Mostly independent bottler stuff.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dead quiet here. Here is the current open bottle rotation or most of it. Pretty happy with these:

69E10765-E23A-4F81-81A4-9D8A379D1403.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I basically moved over to the "What are you drinking right now" thread and also have not been drinking anything new/groundbreaking lately.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of Balvenie 1509 batch 5 while I was in London. It’s about 1/2 the price in London compared to NYC. Surprisingly most of the other bottles I looked at were not discounted enough for me to bother to carry it back.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.