1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any One for a Scotch?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by French Cuff Consignment, Dec 14, 2006.

1. cchen

cchen Senior member

I've got these on the way

Bunna 27 yrs single cask

[​IMG]

Tomatin 26 yrs single cask

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bounce2:

3 people like this.
  2. Eric Michael

Eric Michael Senior member

For anyone living in Ontario on this thread...
    For scotch that you can't find at the LCBO, what sites or distributors to you contact to buy from?

I'm looking for Distiller's Editions of both Talisker and Lagavulin, as well as Uigeadail

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

You know, i noticed a shortage of scotch in my area. My local TotalWine is out of Lag 16, MAC 18, etc. These bottles always seemed to be around, suddenly i end up getting the last MAC 18 and no Lag 16 for me :(

Is anyone else having a hard time finding their malts of choice? Also, anyone know where i can find a bottle of Glenmorangie Ealanta online?

4. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Ealanta I feel is long gone but looks like wine searcher has a few shops with it available

5. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Lag DE tonight
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

How do you like it? I have a bottle but haven't opened it yet.

7. Eric Michael

^ Also, what release year is that? Looks like an older one judging by the label

8. joelscott7

joelscott7 Senior member

If you are trying to get anything into Ontario it's really big pain. You have to order in a case at a time and pay for the LCBO to test it. It takes months and isn't worth the price. I just purchase when I travel to the US. If you know anyone in Alberta they generally have a much better selection and price and it's easier to ship from there than over the border.

1 person likes this.
  9. Eric Michael

Thanks for the word. That sounds like quite a hassle. I'm traveling to Atlanta over Thanksgiving, will look then.
    Cheers

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

Picked up a bottle of Lagavulin 12 year CS 2013 edition. But I'm finishing off the last remnants of this bottle of Lagavulin 16 tonight before I crack open the 12 year.

11. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

[​IMG]

Just opened my bottle for my birthday. CHEERS!

EDIT: This was the last bottle in a little known whiskey shop in some random part of Texas. My buddy who likes scotch found it and sent it to me.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

^
    Nice bottle, the only place that still has Ealanta around me is this cigar bar. The shop on wine-searcher that still had some it in stock does not sell outside of their state... :(

13. gopherblue

gopherblue Senior member

I'm pretty sure that is the new livery for the current bottling of the Laga DE. I much prefer it to the older labeling.

14. cchen

cchen Senior member

Had a dram of this very lovely bottle last night

[​IMG]

15. gopherblue

gopherblue Senior member

Accepted an offer for a new job last Friday, and opened a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue to celebrate. I'm ordinarily a smoky, peaty single malt drinker myself, and the bottle was a gift from my mentor, but damn, it was smooth as silk.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  16. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Stopped in La Maison du Whisky and picked up a house specialty, along with a little bit of fun. The Laphroaig was a bit of a tough choice, as they had another Signatory special that is supposedly close to the 15, and a really interesting Artist Series -- another Maison exclusive -- that is supposedly like what I got, only nicer.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. cchen

cchen Senior member

18. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Just drove through the Cad/USA border and picked up a 1 liter bottle of Cragganmore 12 for $57 CAD.
    (LCBO sells the 750ml for $85 so seemed like a good deal)

1 person likes this.
  19. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Thanks @cchen and nice snag @Master-Classter.

I'm looking forward to duty-free at CDG tomorrow morning. Last time through I picked up 1L bottles of Lagavulin's DE and Bunnahabhain's 18. They were also offering up samples of most everything they had on the shelves. Hopefully they've got some interesting stuff tomorrow.