• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any of you pretty happy you're not together with your exes anymore?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to date never broken up with a girl by my own initiative; it's usually involve them dumping me for some other guy. Thankfully, I'm dating a very nice girl right now and I don't think she'll dump me. I also have really good experiences with most of the exes when I meet again, as they all seem to be well-adjusted and marrying high (financially speaking). One girl even told me I was the first person she dated out of puppy love. I seem to be women's stepping stone to a better life.

bigboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
I have to date never broken up with a girl by my own initiative; it's usually involve them dumping me for some other guy. Thankfully, I'm dating a very nice girl right now and I don't think she'll dump me. I also have really good experiences with most of the exes when I meet again, as they all seem to be well-adjusted and marrying high (financially speaking). One girl even told me I was the first person she dated out of puppy love. I seem to be women's stepping stone to a better life.

You're avatar would suggest you moonlight as a men's stepping stone as well.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigboy
You're avatar would suggest you moonlight as a men's stepping stone as well.

Now, do you really want to hurt him? Do you really want to make him cry?

darkdream

Reaction score
I am always happy I am not with any of my exs... there is a reason I broke up with them all.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know why divorce is so expensive, don't you?
It is worth it.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My past is littered with party girls - art-schooly girls, bartenders and waitresses was my social milieu for too long. Every time I'd swear off anyone who either partied too much or couldn't hold their liquor, but what the **** am I supposed to, pick up chicks at a Baptist church?

I don't have the patience for it anymore. I've officially entered my late '20s and any sign that a girl's going to get black-out drunk more than once a year, I bounce.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Please help this poor American out and tell us what cruisy means. kthnxbai!

just mean that we were just cruising along. Wasn't especially exciting, but we always got along very well, no major peaks, no major troughs, just drifting through. Her and I had five fights in two years.

I think I liked that at the time because with both the gfs that preceded her, I would have had five fights before lunchtime if we woke up early enough.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of my ex-girlfriends, I'm just as glad they're part of my past. I wonder if how things might have been had I put something permanent together with a few of them, although they're usually the ones that dumped me.

I'd sooner put a bullet in my brain than go back to either of my ex-wives. Since wife #1 has, I presume, been walking the stalagmites of Hell for the past 39 years such a reunion would be most unlikely (at least until I myself go to Hell, which is fairly probable). Wife #2 vanished mysteriously, so I have no idea whatever became of her.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Wife #2 vanished mysteriously, so I have no idea whatever became of her.

have the police checked under the house?

unowho

Reaction score
Well, maybe just like someone said here, you at least should force yourself to believe that life is better without your exes.
Also I think no matter how ugly you ended up with them, do not be so mean with each other, cos anyway you were once in love.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unowho
do not be so mean with each other, cos anyway you were once in love.

The People's Court would convince you otherwise though. The more people "used" to be in love the more they seem to hate each other after the break-up. Strikes me as strange.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
have the police checked under the house?

She vanished after we were divorced. I only learned about from her mother, whom I chanced to meet at a mall a couple of years later. She seemed very unconcerned about it, figuring her daughter was just doing a number on the family, not that she was any victim of foul play. My second wife was a very formidable woman physically--no-one was just going to snatch and abduct her.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, I'm thrilled. until the woman I married, the girls I dated with hot but had nothing in common with me. I'd be misrable married to any of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads