• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any of you bought an electric shaver and after a few days or months went back to the traditional raz

jeromestyle

Reaction score
why?
for how long did you use the electric shaver before going back to the razor?

centrix

Reaction score
when i was conscripted into the army i started off using an electric razor thinking it would save time. after a while i started developing pimples and stuff like that, probably due to low hyigene conditions and such, along with the lack f a close shave. after about a month or so i gave up and went back to the traditional

jeromestyle

Reaction score
do you think that a high-end braun electric shaver would be good, I mean better than razor?

Last edited:

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going away for a few months in September so I'm going to buy one, mostly to save space in my suitcase. Not looking forward to it though.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a traditional razor is smaller and weights less... what do you mean?

The shaving soap, bowl, spare razors (I use DE) and brush make it a bit bigger and bulkier to pack, plus I probably won't have anywhere to put it once I get there.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love my electric shaver. traditional razors always give me razor burn and rashes. i hate them. and i dont know about you guys, but i get an incredibly close/smooth shave and im using a sub-80 dollar shaver

Last edited:

worldrunner

Reaction score

i love my electric shaver. traditional razors always give me razor burn and rashes. i hate them. and i dont know about you guys, but i get an incredibly close/smooth shave and im using a sub-80 dollar shaver

what kind?

jeromestyle

Reaction score
so I should go for it?
will I get at least the same results that I get using a razor?

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally recommend it, but I can't guarantee your own satisfaction. I get close/smooth shaves and the grooming half on the bottom is quite handy as well.

jeromestyle

Reaction score
If I use a high-end electric shaver, can good results be guaranteed, under all circumstances?

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think anyone can guarantee anything. Why don't you try one out and if you don't like it, return it?

jeromestyle

Reaction score
can I do that? I hear some brands have a special promotion to try, but do all offer that without risk?

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Reaction score
Went on a trip a few weeks back. My electric shaver accidently turned on in the suitcase. I had to revert to a Schick razor blade and some shaving cream. Best feeling ever.

I don't think I till go back to electic for a while.

FYI, I have been using electric for five years. It's kind of like having a full cream milk latte after years of skim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads