1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any of you bought an electric shaver and after a few days or months went back to the traditional raz

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by jeromestyle, Jul 24, 2011.

1. otc

otc Senior member

I use a panasonic electric...it was some fancy expensive thing (with a auto-cleaning stand and all) that I got a crazy deal on and it definitely was an improvement over my old low-end braun model.

I have since tossed the cleaning stand since I now shave in the shower--it is waterproof so I just open it up and hold it under the showerhead when I am done and it stays clean. Unfortunately, it is past time to replace the blades and foils again and for how much they cost...I am considering just buying a new razor

Doing it this way works great for me in the morning...I don't need a mirror, just put some bar soap on my face and shave away (just feel with my other hand to see if I have missed anything) so I can do it just fine in my foggy shower--I don't think I could ever pull this off with a razor

2. jeromestyle

jeromestyle Senior member

you think that Panasonic is better than Braun? any others have used both?

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

A 'DE' is a double-edge safety razor. Personally, I use a vintage Gillete 'Fat-Boy', which is a DE.

4. otc

otc Senior member

my nice panasonic was better than my cheap braun...I can't say whether or not it is nicer than a nice braun.

I had a roommate with the nice braun at the time and I liked mine better in terms of shape and features....but since neither model is still available for sale, the comparison is useless.

5. jeromestyle

jeromestyle Senior member

6. marydeferred

marydeferred New Member

How did you choose this, checking out Amazon reviews or consumer reports?

7. tsacain

tsacain Well-Known Member

I have tried a few different electric razors over the years because I hoped they would be fast and efficient. They all left something to be desired and I now shave with a DE razor and enjoy the experience.

8. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Senior member

THere are 2 problems with using an electric shaver:

1. You need to constantly wash and sanitize the electric razor hair guard that touches your skin to prevent any bacteria buildup that is harmful to your skin.

2. Your skin is all scratched up after you use an electric shaver because of non existant lubrication between e.r. and skin.

Wet shaving for the win!

9. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

cant do either, lol, damn neck burn. Looks like a damn rash on my neck.

Electric razor is never close or complete - might be cause I used $100 ones?

A DE is NICE. Super closer, super cheap. But its a process to do properly, big time investment. I have an issue with not taking my time and it almost always costs me on the backend when I have to break out the styptic and bump fighter

10. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

I use a good Braun electric during the week and it gives me a better shave than the barber I go to who uses a straight razor. That said, I DE wet shave on weekends because it's a luxury. The electric doesn't compare.

11. airblaster503

airblaster503 Senior member

I used to be the same way. The skin on my neck is super sensitive and would get razor burn after every shave. Ended up getting a sample of shave secret from a marathon expo and haven't had any issues with razor burn since. Definitely recommend checking it out.