• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any NY members going to 'The Sartorialist Shoots You' thing?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Noticed that The Sartorialist is doing a shoots you thing.

Any NY members going to subject themselves to the board's finest lensman?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nobody shoots me but my mother.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
WHYCANT.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I wake up, and all I want is to drink my coffee, go to the gym with my wife, and get some work done, and instead, I wake up to a shitstorm on my figurative front step. Except for the first post, Koji's, and Acidiboy's there seems to be nothing substantive here, so I am deleting everything in the thread but the initial post, Koji's post, and mine, and than we can all start again... nicely. I am also leaving up Tokyo's post because it's funny in the typical Toyko Slim fashion.

Sysdoc, if your post was substantive, I would have l have left it up as well. I am not in the habit of deleting posts frivolously or arbitrarily because they are critical of moderation. However, your second post is uninformative.

Gabor, you seem like a nice enough guy, and I understand your rising to Scott (the Sartortialists defense,) but getting into a firefight online is not helping anyone's cause. Also, no need to call Tomasso names.

Tomasso, I think that you may have misconstrued the Sartorialist's intent, which I thought was just a nice gesture to have NYC fans of his get a chance to appear in his blog (I have never had any contact with Scott outside of this forum, just to make clear that I have no dog in this fight). In any case, regardless of your views on the Sartorialist, he is a member of this board, and your initial comment was unwarranted, as was your flaming Gabor.

With that, gentlemen, the thread is given a new life. Please all be nice.

Fok.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a really cool thing for Sart to do, and if I were within 300 miles of NYC I would be there, bearing my non-bespoke clothing and 37.99-inch waist for all to see.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
*Getting very weary of seeing internet tough-guys on this forum* koji
*Getting extremely weary of the recent climate change in this forum* I hope I was allowed to say that ...
confused.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
This is a really cool thing for Sart to do, and if I were within 300 miles of NYC I would be there, bearing my non-bespoke clothing and 37.99-inch waist for all to see.
I'm with Mr Checks. I expect there will be a parade of well dressed new yorkers who appreciate his work. I'd love to see it, and love to get some new ideas.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am with Mr. CHorse on this. I think I am just too shy to seek to be shot.

Bugs Bunny : Would you like to shoot me now or wait 'til you get home?
Daffy Duck: Shoot him now! Shoot him now!
Bugs Bunny: You keep outta this! He doesn't have to shoot you now!
Daffy Duck: He does SO have to shoot me now!
[to Elmer]
Daffy Duck: I demand that you shoot me now!

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gabor, you seem like a nice enough guy, and I understand your rising to Scott (the Sartortialists defense,) but getting into a firefight online is not helping anyone's cause. Also, no need to call Tomasso names.
Unless I missed something in Gabor's later post (??) all I saw was him being attacked by Tomasso after he stuck up for Scott. Tomasso went way over the line. Way over. I must have missed something.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x1m7f6.jpg

Vass Suede Chukka U Last...Suede chukka U last....suede chukk...U...
smile.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think it will be cool to see how people turn out for this shoot, but since it's solicited I'm sure a lot of folks will "try extra hard" to look stylish, which kind of defeats the intent of his blog, to capture people in the everyday in their garb not expecting to be photographed. Still, looking forward to the pics he posts from it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads