1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any NY members going to 'The Sartorialist Shoots You' thing?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Matt, May 2, 2006.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Disturbing, yet not surprising. [​IMG]

Human excrement has a certain attraction to some ...

So you're finally outing yourself as fecal fetishist?

Do you enjoy the redundancy of the Marquis de Sade?

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Uh oh, this is like watching Salo all over again [​IMG]

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

But no adolescents this time.

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

But no adolescents this time.

I would not be too sure of that one [​IMG] !

[​IMG]

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I would not be too sure of that one [​IMG] !

[​IMG]

Well, I hope not in certain circumstances-like a wedding.

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Well, I hope not in certain circumstances-like a wedding.

LOL
    I am going to shut up now. Talk of trying to get me to jump off a cliff [​IMG]

7. chrisc

chrisc Well-Known Member

I think it will be cool to see how people turn out for this shoot, but since it's solicited I'm sure a lot of folks will "try extra hard" to look stylish, which kind of defeats the intent of his blog, to capture people in the everyday in their garb not expecting to be photographed. Still, looking forward to the pics he posts from it.

That's what I was thinking. It's a bit too "hey look at how cool I am." But that's my opinion. It'd still be great to see how people will turn out though. But I agree, it's nice to see people caught in the act rather than signing up for it.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

If I were anywhere near NYC, I would totally show up, but I would be wearing my paint covered jeans, a pair of dirty black sneakers, and a blue moth-holed t-shirt that says "Mike Hunt is my hero" on the front and "Censorship Bad/Genitals good" on the back. I would be smoking a cigarette and carrying a hammer. I Imagine that I would be the envy of the entire forum.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I'm considering portraits with Terry Richardson.

And, no, not any of his "exposure" series.

10. The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist Well-Known Member

I have to start thinking things out more before I post them on my blog

I'm excited and nervous about shooting Saturday but i think that could help make for some really fun shots

I think capturing people as they show up or putting together interesting people combos like Punk girl/Trad guy (don't forget almost half my audience is female) could be cool or just shooting elements of what people are wearing - I dont know but that will be part of the fun

either it will be completely great or horrible, oh crap what have I gotten myself into!!

I think the best thing that could happen would be if it got way big and the cops haul me away for an unlawfully Sartorial gathering

please keep your fingers crossed for me

11. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

We look forward to it, Scott!

12. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Looking forward to seeing the pics on your blog. It'll be interesting to see your range of readers. Sorry I can't make it myself.

13. j

j Senior member Admin

I have to start thinking things out more before I post them on my blog

I'm excited and nervous about shooting Saturday but i think that could help make for some really fun shots

I think capturing people as they show up or putting together interesting people combos like Punk girl/Trad guy (don't forget almost half my audience is female) could be cool or just shooting elements of what people are wearing - I dont know but that will be part of the fun

either it will be completely great or horrible, oh crap what have I gotten myself into!!

I think the best thing that could happen would be if it got way big and the cops haul me away for an unlawfully Sartorial gathering

please keep your fingers crossed for me

Good luck with this project.

As you may know, Kenneth Cole made his debut by getting a permit to "shoot a movie" on the NYC streets. Apparently it is impossible to get a permit to just "use space", so instead, he made his first sample sale of women's shoes into a documentary, and got a permit to park a 40' trailer and make a huge ruckus.

It's probably too late to get such a permit, but maybe you can bring that up with any cops that show up. Be sure to get someone with a pro-looking video camera, etc. [​IMG]

14. Max

Max Senior member

Totally. See y'all there.

15. Matt

Matt Senior member

so, who went?

16. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I wish I could have gone...often when I step out and feel well dressed I long for the big S to pop up and ask to take my picture. Needless to say, this has not happened. And this weekend I was out of town.

Ah well.

Can't wait to see the pix, though.

Though some here suspect that the people who show will by arrogant and irritating, I bet they won't be. This is because of my impression of the Sartorialist's blog's.....ambience, I guess. He and his subjects seem to share something beyond an appreciation of dressing well. Each, picture taker and photo subject, is very generous with the other. So the people look their best. I suspect this ambiance will somehow filter out the nasty people. Even if it doesn't, it's a great experiment.

17. Margaret

Margaret Senior member