• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any major differences between dry cleaners?

Cas Ruffin

Reaction score
I spilled orange juice on my white jeans and a white polo with a purple collar. I tried to wash it off in the sink with cold water and I just ended up getting purple dye on the polo and the jeans (I tried washing it together, I don't know why.) I tried going to one dry cleaner and they said they won't even touch it. And then I tried another and they got the stains out (the dye and the orange juice) no problem. So my question is, are there any major differences between dry cleaners or is their a minimum standard practice?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you really wearing a white polo with white jeans?

Were you playing in a cricket match?

Cas Ruffin

Reaction score
Yeah it was a white polo, with this multi color strip on the chest with a purple collar, and it's bad ass as an outfit. But I spilled orange juice on it, right before a party.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your story answered your question nicely. Another answer is yes, depending on what cleaning fluids and processes the cleaner uses. Cleaning equipment is very specialized and expensive today. Many cleaners do not upgrade due to these high costs. Another difference is in the people doing the work. How knowledgeable they are to what works with what stains and how hard they will work at doing it right. I still haven't seen a cleaners who can press a jacket well. Some are ok but not the best.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Your story answered your question nicely. Another answer is yes, depending on what cleaning fluids and processes the cleaner uses. Cleaning equipment is very specialized and expensive today. Many cleaners do not upgrade due to these high costs. Another difference is in the people doing the work. How knowledgeable they are to what works with what stains and how hard they will work at doing it right. I still haven't seen a cleaners who can press a jacket well. Some are ok but not the best.

What Despos says. Get to know your new, competent dry cleaner.

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oabailey1701