• Our featured affiliate vendor of the week is Larimars Luxury Menswear Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, specializes in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check them out and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any love for Allen Edmonds Park Ave Sneakers here?

ducatiti

Reaction score
Searched a bit up in here but didn't find any feedback. I've been seeing these so-called dress sneakers a bit more now, and it has been growing on me not gonna lie.. I've read many posts when they first came out and they weren't good at all :)

I would love to hear more from the fashion guru's in here :)

Thank you in advance.

Najnar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is that it looks neither fully like a dress shoe nor fully like a sneaker. I struggle to think of a time/occasion to wear it. Definitely not with a suit, probably not with any casual outfits. Maybe with business casual khakis and a polo shirt at the office? But then, I'd prefer to just buy some loafers.

ducatiti

Reaction score
I think the problem is that it looks neither fully like a dress shoe nor fully like a sneaker. I struggle to think of a time/occasion to wear it. Definitely not with a suit, probably not with any casual outfits. Maybe with business casual khakis and a polo shirt at the office? But then, I'd prefer to just buy some loafers.

Thanks for chiming in.. I'm in the escrow/title business and when the big boss visits our office, he often wears these cap toe sneakers in black with khakis and shirt. Well I just checkout out with a dark brown pair for $75, and will post some pics. Plan to wear them with banana rep khakis and sport coat on Fridays :)

bicycleradical

Reaction score
Searched a bit up in here but didn't find any feedback. I've been seeing these so-called dress sneakers a bit more now, and it has been growing on me not gonna lie.. I've read many posts when they first came out and they weren't good at all :)

I would love to hear more from the fashion guru's in here :)

Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't wear them however it's because they don't fit into my sense of style.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pics?

fabricateurialist

Reaction score
Wisconsin Shoeguy on IG and YT just got pair and usually posts some kind of review about his newest pair

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No!

ducatiti

Reaction score
lol. Thanks for sharing guys. Could it be a demographic thing? Here in the SF Bay Area, I have been seeing them a lot lately with varying ages, even at home depot. Saw two dudes wearing these during the same store visit.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Perhaps the Strand Sneakers make more sense? :)

Well anyways, too late now as i just purchased a pair as mentioned for $74 during their recent sale. Worst case scenario, I can use them while doing house chores haha.

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. Thanks for sharing guys. Could it be a demographic thing? Here in the SF Bay Area, I have been seeing them a lot lately with varying ages, even at home depot. Saw two dudes wearing these during the same store visit.
Just because something is commonly seen or popular doesn’t make it look good.

Blastwice

Reaction score
If I were to guess why they exist, I'd say that an AE designer thought, "Well, there are lots of guys out there who don't like leather soles (1) and grew up with sneakers that never had welts (2) so they might be looking for a sneaker-type shoe that they can wear to work too.

At the end of the day, AE shoppers are looking for something familiar, but still traditional. This kind of design is the result of that kind of thinking.

Also seems to be substantially cheaper in terms of materials/labor ($100 cheaper for the sneaker version of the Strand.)

Featured Sponsor

Corduroy…who wore it best?

• @khughes44

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • @duke santos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • @DavidLane

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • @Old Red

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • @Chadclass

Votes: 15 21.1%