• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any London tailors for suit around £2000 ?

isfahanzh

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Since a trip to Naples is highly unlikely, I may just get a suit in London. Could you offer me names of good tailors in London? My budget is quite tight, around £2000 on a two-piece suit.

An ideal type: conventional style, hand-work, good fabric, decades of experience, deeply-rooted and acclaimed by community rather than flashy labels.

I'm slight of build and want my suit to give me the impression of a wider frame, the "Sharp“ look.

Thank you all.

Regards

Is

Last edited:

Macallan

Reaction score
£2k is not a tight budget. You will find a lot of mtm and bespoke in that price range.

Difficult to suggest someone without knowing the style you want

isfahanzh

Reaction score
£2k is not a tight budget. You will find a lot of mtm and bespoke in that price range.

Difficult to suggest someone without knowing the style you want
Thanks for the reply.

I mean, conventional style, hand-work, good fabric, decades of experience, deeply-rooted and acclaimed by community rather than flashy labels.

I'm slight of build and want my suit to give me the impression of a wider frame, the "Sharp“ look.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fact, you can get a pretty good bespoke in UK for that budget. check pm.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. I mean, conventional style, hand-work, good fabric, decades of experience, deeply-rooted and acclaimed by community rather than flashy labels. I'm slight of build and want my suit to give me the impression of a wider frame, the "Sharp“ look.
WTF is that?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
London tailors are shite. You need to travel to Champaign, Illinois, the fashion capital of the West.

Edit: Ever heard of Savile Row?

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edit: Ever heard of Savile Row?

He won't get bespoke on Savile Row for £2k. Fairly close, but certainly not close enough for his "tight budget". MTM, for sure, but he also wanted handwork, and he won't typically get much of that with the Savile Row MTM operations. I think one or two might do an MTM variant with handwork, but not most. He'd probably get MTM with handwork from some of the higher-end Italian brands, but I think he'll also be paying more than £2k for that.

For London handwork on a strict sub-£2k budget, he'll have to go off-Row. That's not a problem; many of these tailors produce a very good product. But it helps to get advice on which to go to. There've been a few threads on the board on some of them; I don't have the personal experience to recommend one in particular.

To be honest, I'm not really convinced the OP really knows what he wants, but that's another post...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads