• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in Japanese goods?

eternaldrake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
To answer a few questions:

if you know what you want, and specifically the size, I can do in-store pick ups from locations in Tokyo. I know, and have been to, most of the stores of stuff we like around here so I don't mind walking in.

One thing I won't do, however, is go back and forth between stores only to check sizing - train rides are expensive and I'd be willing to do this for a pretty low rate, so it would be a shame to negate any small profit I'd be making for my time by losing money on the transportation.

As for Yahoo Auctions, I'll see what I can do. I don't have an account there, but my girlfriend does, so it may be a possibility.

For stuff like Julius, Attachment, etc. I speak Japanese so I can get them on the phone before-hand to check availability for larger sizes, etc.

this sounds great tbh. once i get a new job im gonna have to do some more research into japanese brands

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
It's generous that you are having thoughts about offering this service. But I assume you have a job. This process can be hectic and time consuming if you are doing it for small volume.
Until my next job starts (in March) I'm just doing small jobs. Private english lessons, freelance graphic design, etc. So I'm pretty much made of free time, so if I'm gonna get involved in this, now would be the time. So don't hesitate - if it gets to be too much for me, I'll just put a hold on things until it gets manageable.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
cop me loopwheeler son

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Brian, the Real McCoy/Joe McCoy web site- you could order from that?

The site is in english, till you get to the cart, then it goes completely Japanese and in a way that Google Translate can't reach. There's a Joe McCoy shirt I'm eyeing at a Swedish web store , listed at twice+ the price of the Joe McCoy web site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads