• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any interest in Japanese goods?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'm available here to do some proxying from Japan to the USA, but first I wanted to check if there was any interest at all. The exchange rate at the moment is hardly favorable, but if what you want can only be bought in Japan, there isn't much you can do about that.

Any questions please direct at me. I might start a legitimate proxy service if there's enough interest, seeing as we don't have an official SF affiliate for goods from Jpn at the moment, but first I need to see if anyone is actually interested.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would be helpful to post some good rakuten shops for people to peruse - that way, you can drum up interest about the options available. Sure Japan's a good place for Japanese Denimzz and stuff like Julius leathers, but people don't know that there are options besides japanese designers - I think there are rakuten stores that stock rare or japan-only lines of non-japanese designers, but I could be mistaken.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yea, definitely on the list of things to do if I get any significant interest. Thanks for the input.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also proxy fees? shipping fees? etc, etc?

Like Robertorex said, it's good to have a list of online stores that you have access to so members can browse. I'll start the list and other people can add on.

Rakuten
Zozo
Idheart
Dress-japan
Lunge-world
yahoo.japan
Tornado mart

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are their any bid sniping programs for Yahoo Japan Auctions? Perhaps you could offer that. Another thing that I would love to see from a proxy service, even at a significant premium (although perhaps unrealistic), is a quality control check. When I placed my first order through proxy service over a year ago, of maybe 15 pieces of clothing, nearly every item was off by at least 2cm in at least one measurement (yeah, I know shoulder and chest measurements get transposed all the time, etc. etc.). One pair of pants was 8cm shorter than it was listed. Basically, I bought a bunch of brands that don't have great resale because they're not well known like Yaeca, Orslow, White Mountaineering, etc. and over half the order was unwearable due to bad measurements by the shopkeepers. Sharp wouldn't even consider taking action if I offered to pay two way shipping to exchange sizes for the worst items... really burned me out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
The difficult part is to locate bigger sizes. The Viridi-Anne size 3 is a US small

ANd this. I need between a 3 and 4 for most brands. 2 and I look like a stuffed sausage.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
ANd this. I need between a 3 and 4 for most brands. 2 and I look like a stuffed sausage.

The markups are ridiculous in the States for brands like attachment, VA, julius, etc, etc. Just got to wait for sales.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont trust measurements on which websites?

Also, yah, I want a proxy that can actually speak english and answer my questions coherently so it sounds like you'll do.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
dont trust measurements on which websites?

Also, yah, I want a proxy that can actually speak english and answer my questions coherently so it sounds like you'll do.

the japanese sites, especially for us big folks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads