1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any info on this french tailor?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yorkshirechap, Aug 20, 2011.

1. yorkshirechap

yorkshirechap Member

I bought a two piece suit recently, it looks bespoke and the label reads 'Coupe par Henry Montpellier'

I assume the tailor name is Henry and I think the suit is probably from the 1960's, has anyone heard of this tailor or have any info?

Thanks

Rob

2. veneto

veneto Senior member

I stand corrected. Mixing my romance languages up right now.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. yorkshirechap

yorkshirechap Member

Thanks, looks like I'm going to have no joy with this, I'll try and post some pictures soon, it is an interseting suit.

Rob

4. Wraitii

Wraitii Active Member

This reads "Tailored(cut) by Henry Montpellier", where the name of the tailor is Henry Montpellier.

It's almost certainly bespoke, given what is written and the estimated age of the suit.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Cut by Henry Monpelier

6. yorkshirechap

yorkshirechap Member

There should be some pictures sonn, they are being checked as I'm fairly new.

Rob