1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any info on jcrews new Gifford wingtip derby?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jpo, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jpo

jpo Senior member

Anyone know who makes the Gifford, jCrew's new "higher end" shoe? Or know anything about it? They state that it's made in Italy and it's priced at a little under $300. Curious if anyone had any experience with them. I'm always looking for a decent budget wingtip derby. http://www.jcrew.com/browse/multi_pr...=1259006068102

2. Keroberos

Keroberos Senior member

At that price, may as well buy C&J through Plal or Pediwear. Much higher quality and better styles.

3. thepassenger

thepassenger Well-Known Member

Maybe he feels more comfortable buying from a US retailer. I would be very unlikely to buy shoes from overseas without so much as a try-on, not knowing how they might fit.

4. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

hmmm I'm usually a J.Crew fan but is it me or do they look really clunky? It also may be the picture but the leather looks very dull with not much lustre at all. I think you could do much better for $300ish.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I prefer the dark chestnut over the black on this model but no idea which company manufacturers them.

6. william

william Senior member

At that price, may as well buy C&J through Plal or Pediwear. Much higher quality and better styles.

hmmm I'm usually a J.Crew fan but is it me or do they look really clunky? It also may be the picture but the leather looks very dull with not much lustre at all. I think you could do much better for $300ish.

+1