• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any info on Grenson G1 collection?

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into Grenson shoes, and it seems that the popular Rose line was discontinued and is being replaced by the G1 line as described here . However, this post was almost a year ago and I can't find anything more recent on the G1 line. Does anyone have any info? Thanks.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seemimgly they are starting to appear with first models being shown on the Mr Porter site with, again seemingly, the full line to appear on the Grenson site soon.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow this site has an impressive stock of items. Incotex flannel trousers, Levis Vintage Jeans, RLBL in a 38S... :drool:

Last edited:

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$370? That's less than benchgrade

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It automatically changed it to the United States pricing for me and it says $370. One of those prices has to be wrong...

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It automatically changed it to the United States pricing for me and it says $370. One of those prices has to be wrong...

For the same shoe?? The Gzero 003-01 Brogues ?? If thats correct another case of rip off Britain, made in Northampton we have to pay £445 yet those in America get to pay £230 ................ dont get it ??? Half price ?????? :censored:

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the mrporter site that I can access from India, the G-1s are 530 GBP. I am not paying 530 for Grensons. I would spend a 100 GBP more and get G&Gs

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On the mrporter site that I can access from India, the G-1s are 530 GBP. I am not paying 530 for Grensons. I would spend a 100 GBP more and get G&Gs

Seems to be a vast difference in the price for the very same pair of shoes right from £230 to £530 ?? Would seem to be a Mr Porter thing rather than a Grenson policy. Will be very interesting to see what price Grenson will be selling these at when they finally launch. £230 in the US seems a very decent price for what have been billed (By Grenson) as Masterpiece equivalents ???

Verniza

Reaction score
Grenson's are £397 for Singapore. I hope someone will buy them and tell us how is the quality compared with similar level shoes.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grenson's are £397 for Singapore. I hope someone will buy them and tell us how is the quality compared with similar level shoes.

I too would be very interested to find out what the quality is like , is it Rose line equivalent or Masterpiece line ?? Tim Little did state that the line would be more Rose if i read his quote to me correctly...

""We now have a factory that makes only the highest grade shoes in the highest
grade materials. We are one of the few factories whose shoes are 100% made
in the factory the old way, we don't make anything that is part made in
India. These shoes are called G1 now, I changed it from The Rose Collection
for clarity. I will also be introducing a super high end range (or making
G1 all super high end) like masterpiece only nicer in due course,
but you
rest assured that if you buy a G1 shoe, it is made 100% in our factory the
old way - ask other factories if they can guarantee this!"

So are the G1's we are now seeing Rose line quality or G1's all super high end? Time will tell......

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is $370 around what the Rose collection used to cost?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads