• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any hard core trads here?

ted

Reaction score
Don't tell me to go to AAAC. That trad forum has been taken over by southern dandies and the dart and pleat crowd. Anybody here believe sack jackets and plain front trousers are the only way to go?

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that sack suits with plain fronts are the way to go for some people -- does that count?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trads went thataway ------------>

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I think you will find that the two most prominent attitudes toward trad on Style Forum are hostility and indifference.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
FNB's fora also seems to attract some Trads, well at least Horace. And that weirdo Russell Street/Miles Away.

I have also noticed the changes at the AAAC Trad message board. Where did Harris go?

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreyFlannelMan
FNB's fora also seems to attract some Trads, well at least Horace. And that...Russell Street/Miles Away.

Who you calling a Trad?
tounge.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the 'is it trad to talk about trad' thread had me perplexed.

i had to put on a hoodie and come back here for refuge.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
the 'is it trad to talk about trad' thread had me perplexed.

wow, that is bad. That trad forum is like a shrine to the terminally unhip, yet trying to create their own "hip scene"

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
wow, that is bad. That trad forum is like a shrine to the terminally unhip, yet trying to create their own "hip scene"

Is that something akin to the Plan 9 effect? So bad that it is good
laugh.gif
?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Yet Thom Browne essentially is stylized Trad. Ralph Lauren built his empire on Anglophile Trad.

The 'is it Trad to talk about Trad' thread, indeed, was ridiculous.

ted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Yet Thom Browne essentially is stylized Trad. Ralph Lauren built his empire on Anglophile Trad.

The 'is it Trad to talk about Trad' thread, indeed, was ridiculous.

Browne/Lauren - yeah I'd say the hard core trads must all be on vacation.
confused.gif

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Well, I'm going down to pick up some pocket squares at J. Press in about an hour...

You should go to the Andover shop instead
plain.gif

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trad interest here seemed to wane after everyone of that persuasion related there undergrad experience at an exclusive Virginia college (plus selected other private Southern colleges) and what a great trad dresser their father/grandfather was. There were also a few converts who saw the light and were saved by Trad. Just where the Mr. Ken Polleck, Esquire, and other true believers are is not clear anymore--we can only assume they are out there caring on the one true faith in world of be-darted, be-pleated, Italian shoes wearing bunch of philistines who will soon be rotting in genhenna.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads