1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any hard core trads here?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ted, Jul 11, 2006.

1. ted

ted Senior member

Don't tell me to go to AAAC. That trad forum has been taken over by southern dandies and the dart and pleat crowd. Anybody here believe sack jackets and plain front trousers are the only way to go?

2. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I believe that sack suits with plain fronts are the way to go for some people -- does that count?

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

The trads went thataway ------------>

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you will find that the two most prominent attitudes toward trad on Style Forum are hostility and indifference.

5. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

FNB's fora also seems to attract some Trads, well at least Horace. And that weirdo Russell Street/Miles Away.

I have also noticed the changes at the AAAC Trad message board. Where did Harris go?

6. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Senior member

FNB's fora also seems to attract some Trads, well at least Horace. And that...Russell Street/Miles Away.

Who you calling a Trad?[​IMG]

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think you will find that the two most prominent attitudes toward trad on Style Forum are hostility and indifference.

Put me in for indifference towards the clothes and hostility towards the New Haven inhabitants.

8. Matt

Matt Senior member

the 'is it trad to talk about trad' thread had me perplexed.

i had to put on a hoodie and come back here for refuge.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

the 'is it trad to talk about trad' thread had me perplexed.

wow, that is bad. That trad forum is like a shrine to the terminally unhip, yet trying to create their own "hip scene"

10. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

wow, that is bad. That trad forum is like a shrine to the terminally unhip, yet trying to create their own "hip scene"

Is that something akin to the Plan 9 effect? So bad that it is good [​IMG] ?

11. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Yet Thom Browne essentially is stylized Trad. Ralph Lauren built his empire on Anglophile Trad.

The 'is it Trad to talk about Trad' thread, indeed, was ridiculous.

12. ted

ted Senior member

Yet Thom Browne essentially is stylized Trad. Ralph Lauren built his empire on Anglophile Trad.

The 'is it Trad to talk about Trad' thread, indeed, was ridiculous.

Browne/Lauren - yeah I'd say the hard core trads must all be on vacation.[​IMG]

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, I'm going down to pick up some pocket squares at J. Press in about an hour...

14. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

Well, I'm going down to pick up some pocket squares at J. Press in about an hour...

You should go to the Andover shop instead [​IMG]

15. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Trad interest here seemed to wane after everyone of that persuasion related there undergrad experience at an exclusive Virginia college (plus selected other private Southern colleges) and what a great trad dresser their father/grandfather was. There were also a few converts who saw the light and were saved by Trad. Just where the Mr. Ken Polleck, Esquire, and other true believers are is not clear anymore--we can only assume they are out there caring on the one true faith in world of be-darted, be-pleated, Italian shoes wearing bunch of philistines who will soon be rotting in genhenna.

16. ted

ted Senior member

Trad interest here seemed to wane after everyone of that persuasion related there undergrad experience at an exclusive Virginia college (plus selected other private Southern colleges) and what a great trad dresser their father/grandfather was. There were also a few converts who saw the light and were saved by Trad. Just where the Mr. Ken Polleck, Esquire, and other true believers are is not clear anymore--we can only assume they are out there caring on the one true faith in world of be-darted, be-pleated, Italian shoes wearing bunch of philistines who will soon be rotting in genhenna.

Thank you, someone who knows what it's all about.

PS, can I quote that last bit, the bit about the philistines rotting.

17. LA Guy

You should go to the Andover shop instead [​IMG]

It's actually closer. But I refuse.

18. ted

ted Senior member

It's actually closer. But I refuse.

Why not go to Andover, I've only ordered from the catalogue. Is there something I should know?

19. LA Guy

Why not go to Andover, I've only ordered from the catalogue. Is there something I should know?

I had an experience there that turned me off the shop and the owner.

20. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Can they match them to your denim [​IMG]