• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any good tailors in Chicago Lincoln Park area?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I was directed to Golden Needle in Gold Coast/River North and they were great. However wouldn't mind something a little closer. Anyone have any Lincoln Park / Lakeview tailors to recommend? Nothing too complicated, just hemming pants, shortening jacket sleeves and installing working cuff buttons.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I was directed to Golden Needle in Gold Coast/River North and they were great. However wouldn't mind something a little closer. Anyone have any Lincoln Park / Lakeview tailors to recommend? Nothing too complicated, just hemming pants, shortening jacket sleeves and installing working cuff buttons.
I go to Golden Needle, but always thought La Modista (Clybourne and Fullerton) was pretty good.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I go to Golden Needle, but always thought La Modista (Clybourne and Fullerton) was pretty good.

Thanks. Will give them a call tomorrow when they open. Do you know if they can do quick turn-arounds? Got a new suit I want to wear for a wedding this weekend. All that has to be done are shorten sleeves a tiny bit, hem trousers and do working buttonholes (I could even wait on these in theory). Later, I'll do more (replace loops with side tabs, add brace buttons, a few nips and tucks) but just need it to be wearable for the moment.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's