Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any good places for wings in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by thetieguy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

I have to go to Chicago for a wedding in a few weeks. What are the best wing places in town? I heard about some place that has wings that are so hot you have to sign a waiver form. Has anyone tried those?

2. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

No clue, I just go to 5-Star on Chicago Avenue on Wednesdays for 25¢ wings and $2 Tecate cans...

3. ld111134

ld111134 Senior member

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

If you're in Chicago for a short time, there are literally thousands of options out there better than some damn wings.

5. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

If you're in Chicago for a short time, there are literally thousands of options out there better than some damn wings.

+1, don't come to chicago for the Wings, I've never found a place I'd say had great wings and there are much better food options.

6. racknac

racknac Senior member

7. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

I believe the wings where you have to sign a waiver are at Jake Melnick's in River North. It's an ok bar, but I've never tried the wings. I still venture up to my old hood (lincoln park) to get wings from the Birds Nest every now and then. They are good. As some of the others have said though, there are much better food options and nothing really amazing about any of the wings that I've tried in Chicago.

8. Blurv

Blurv Well-Known Member

One of the best places for wings in Chicago is Bird's Nest bar. The building is nothing special and can be overrun with students from nearby Depaul. Another option is Galway Arms which has far better ambiance but inferior wings to BN. As a heads up though, the TVs at Galway are almost exclusively soccer and rugby games.