• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any fighters have tips on dealing with liver pain?

mgoose

Reaction score
Might be a long shot, but I took a pretty solid knee to my liver while sparring tonight and it's been a few hours and it's still painful as hell.

Just looking for some at home treatment ideas, pain management, things that will help recovery. Hot/cold treatment? Things along those lines. I train again on Thursday and would like to help it's recovery as much as possible between now and then.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have your doctor look at that. You're in pain and it's an internal organ. That's bad.

awxg

Reaction score
Getting hit in the liver is just as painful as getting hit in the jewels. You just have to suck it up.

ken1234

Reaction score
Originally Posted by awxg
Getting hit in the liver is just as painful as getting hit in the jewels. You just have to suck it up.

That is the worst advice ever.

If its been hurting for more than a few hours, definitely go see a doctor. Internal bleeding is not something u wanna mess around.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vodka...

Mblova

Reaction score
get checked out asap. You would be how surprised important your liver is...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.