• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any fans of Future Shock by Herbie Hancock?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
32,372
Reaction score
191
I forgot how good this recording was...listening now to the Japanese SACD which is superb.

Herbie had his groove on.
 

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
14,914
Reaction score
98
Herbie rules. Be sure to check out Billy Cobham as well.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
 

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
32,372
Reaction score
191
Cool video j. Thanks.

Many people forget what a fresh album this was back in the day.
 

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
10,079
Reaction score
1,174
Originally Posted by j
Herbie rules.

Be sure to check out Billy Cobham as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.


Spectrum!


Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Cool video j. Thanks.

Many people forget what a fresh album this was back in the day.


AF - You're mixing your metaphors here, so to speak. Back in the day, people didn't say 'fresh'.


Originally Posted by binge
+1



You don't like it, the pocket square? Remember Spyro Gyra? That was soome lame a$$ fushion. But Weather Report, Crusaders, Billy C., Stanley Clarke....
 

Mauby

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 17, 2008
Messages
1,110
Reaction score
0
That album was brilliant.
 

binge

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
5,210
Reaction score
148
Originally Posted by romafan
AF - You're mixing your metaphors here, so to speak. Back in the day, people didn't say 'fresh'.


Umm, in 1983 "fresh" was rather contemporary...

Remember Spyro Gyra? That was soome lame a$$ fushion. But Weather Report, Crusaders, Billy C., Stanley Clarke....
What are you doing browsing through my records?
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 132 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 250 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 119 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 8.9%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.1%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 16 2.1%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 48 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,723
Messages
9,223,076
Members
193,609
Latest member
cadteach
Top