• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experiences with Bryn Keith in Arlington, VA?

RZach

Reaction score
Groupon has a deal today for a $700 "custom" suit at Bryn Keith, a custom clothing retailer in Arlington, VA. I live in DC and hadn't ever heard of him, but spent a few minutes on their website. They indicate the suits get made in Hong Kong, so I'm assuming M2M, but there's not much information about construction (canvassed/fused is what I'm most curious about).

Search didn't reveal any prior threads, so I wanted to see if anyone here had ever dealt with them. I've got an email out to them as well.

Thanks!

themodestman

Reaction score
I'd also love to hear any experiences with him. Great reviews on Yelp, great prices...but not much out there or on SF in terms of actual pics and experiences.

-B

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their sample "personal style assessment" has, on its last page, one of the sadder examples of a black dinner jacket I have ever seen. That gorge makes my eyes cross.

I cannot speak from experience (my only MTM suits have come from English American up in Westminster) but I'd suggest looking into VM Clothiers as well; their prices are good and they go into much more detail about what their suits are made of.

CJFish8

Reaction score
I'm curious, how did you like your experience with English American? I've had Tom James people come speak to me about getting suits from them but I know that they are made at English American and would rather go to the source if it makes sense. Curious to hear your opinion. Thanks!

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short answer: E-A works for what I need. Had my wedding 3-piece made there and earlier this year a tuxedo. Quality of construction is fantastic. If you're local and you prefer a more conservative cut, and you don't mind a relatively basic selection of fabric (compared to tailors who will pull out book after book of fine wools), I happily recommend them.

There are a bunch of threads on this forum pertaining to their work, with mixed opinions about fit. It depends on how you want to look and whether that jives with how Elio thinks the suit should be cut. Be prepared to hold your ground about things like waist suppression and pant length if his suggestions don't line up with your thoughts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads