1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any experience with this polish?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jamesbond, May 26, 2006.

1. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

2. j

j Senior member Admin

It looks exactly like the tube I have of shoe cream from Nordstrom. I can't remember the brand, but it has the more liquid paste type cream with a foam applicator. I think you're better off buying Meltonian in the jars as the foam tends to fill up with cream and then dry up hard, potentially wasting a lot of the stuff in the tube.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I am pretty sure this is the same polish that Allen-Edmonds sells as their Premium Shoe Polish and Nordstrom's sells under the Synovia label. It's supposed to be mixture of conditioning cream and true polish. I mostly use this polish under both the A-E and the Nordstrom's labels. I never bother with the foam application, preferring to apply it with an old T-shirt.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

I am pretty sure this is the same polish that Allen-Edmonds sells as their Premium Shoe Polish and Nordstrom's sells under the Synovia label. It's supposed to be mixture of conditioning cream and true polish. I mostly use this polish under both the A-E and the Nordstrom's labels. I never bother with the foam application, preferring to apply it with an old T-shirt.
    Synovia, that's it. It's perfectly good, I just don't really see the point of having it in the tube and paying twice as much. In the jars at least it's easy to see what color you're grabbing. And you're right, I guess you could skip the foam applicator thing.