• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with the Italian ebayers?

horton

Reaction score
There are several now selling Kiton, Borrelli etc. I'd appreciate hearing whether any should be sought or avoided.

Thanks

horton

Reaction score
There are several recently. Names like Remida05, salvio_s, Giucasti (?) and others. My concern is that somehow I imagine the Italians having better access to various outsourcing manufacturers and can pass off plausible fakes (which I probably could not detect until things start to unravel, pill, etc.)

Thanks again

farooqm

Reaction score
I can personally vouch for Remida05, great guy and great merchandise.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Italy is new China on Ebay.

Aristocrat

Reaction score
+2

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Names would help. I bought from "viaggigerryberry" and the item I received was fake, though the seller claimed otherwise.

Did you get your $ back btw?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only experience with an ebay.it seller has been with Ideacharm. Primarily sell watches faux bijou and jewellery (where I got my Breil bracelet) but I had two separate very pleasant transactions with them. They even responded to my emails (that were in quite stunted Italian
blush.gif
) promptly in English.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The time when you really have to worry about Italian ebayers is when they ask for your shoe size.
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
The time when you really have to worry about Italian ebayers is when they ask for your shoe size.
smile.gif

lol8[1].gif
Si,signore, Io fatto pattini del cemento per tu! (I am sure I messed that up - has been years since I last used my italian - did I mess up the tenses? AAAARGH)

horton

Reaction score
Any Borrelli sweater experts out there, or anyone familiar with this Salvio

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

I have one real, real nice Borrelli cashmere sweater and the zipper is different having a jewel like (not real jewel) zipper pull, whereas this one seems ordinary. Also though it has a string from a Borrelli label it doesn't show it attached to one of the booklets.

Also, I worry that sweaters may be easier to fake; can't look at buttons and crests etc. and the inferiority may be largely in the quality of yarn which will be harder to detect when new I suspect. Thoughts?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horton
Any Borrelli sweater experts out there, or anyone familiar with this Salvio

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

I have one real, real nice Borrelli cashmere sweater and the zipper is different having a jewel like (not real jewel) zipper pull, whereas this one seems ordinary. Also though it has a string from a Borrelli label it doesn't show it attached to one of the booklets.

Also, I worry that sweaters may be easier to fake; can't look at buttons and crests etc. and the inferiority may be largely in the quality of yarn which will be harder to detect when new I suspect. Thoughts?

I think you are on to something there. I am sure some other here may have some ideas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads