• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with Dolzer in Germany?

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here got any experience with Dolzer? It's a German custom tailor chain with branches in Frankfurt, Munich, etc. I'm thinking of trying them out for some shirts.

dan'l

Reaction score
As far as I know, they are "Maßkonfektion," i.e. MTM, and not bespoke, so I would not consider them to be a "custom tailor."

dan'l

Reaction score
A colleague of mine has tried them and said they were "OK." His shirts indeed looked OK; nothing special.

I guess the problem with MTM is that they try to fit you into one of several predetermined shapes. So, if your body matches, the result will be fairly good. Otherwise just a notch above OTR.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly not a custom tailor, but a MTM chain, which is rather at the lower end of the local MTM spectrum. Had a look at them out of curiosity and was fairly unimpressed with fabric selection, etc...suits are made in Eastern Europe (CZ). Competing at the same level is Kuhn (http://www.kuhn-masskonfektion.com) and a few more.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking Cove should be much better. Any experience there?

Nope, unfortunately not. They only recently opened a store in Munich and I have not had the time yet to check it out. You probably can find some stuff on them on stilmagazin.com (in German) even though I learned to be a bit cautious with the advice one gets there.

At the moment I am trying the MTM Service of Scabal for the first time since I am looking for a cheaper alternative to bespoke for those suits, which will get a lot of beating when traveling for work etc. Scabal MTM suits are made in Saarbruecken, Germany and offer different quality levels incl. fused, half-canvassed and also fully canvassed. Fabrics could be chosen from Scabal books and to my surprise also from books of some other makers (Holland & Sherry ...). A fully canvassed suit made from Super 100s wool will be around EUR 1000 incl. VAT. The examples of finished suits I saw in store looked fairly good.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads