1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any consultants here?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by GreenFrog, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Thanks!

It's not MBB, but an internal corporate strategy group for a major financial services firm [​IMG]

That can be interesting as well.

2. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Thanks!

It's not MBB, but an internal corporate strategy group for a major financial services firm [​IMG]

Congrats! I haven't been in here much of late. PM'ed.

3. Platform

Platform Active Member

Hey congrats GreenFrog.

If you don't mind, I'd like to piggyback on your thread because it seems like there are some knowledgeable folks in this thread. I'm also an incoming management consultant (starting early fall) and was hoping the wise men in here might share their wisdom and give a few words of advice.

Cheers

4. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Had decision round. Two went well enough but flubbed the third on some relatively easy calculation. A result I will ascribe to low blood sugar and the distress of having forgotten collar stays [​IMG]

Oh well. I guess I'll find out soon enough how it all balances out.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Had decision round. Two went well enough but flubbed the third on some relatively easy calculation. A result I will ascribe to low blood sugar and the distress of having forgotten collar stays [​IMG]

Oh well. I guess I'll find out soon enough how it all balances out.

Good luck! As long as you only flubbed on a calculation, you should be fine I think. Did you network with any members in the group?

It really helped that there were a couple of alumni within my firm that I spoke to before my interviews. During the final round, I name dropped all of them and the interviewers wrote down their names. I'm sure that helped a lot.

6. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I did what I could but the first and second rounds were within two weeks of each other and the people who plugged me in were all ex associates so not power names.

I just went down a complicated path to do the calculation and got lost in the weeds until a strong prompt got me going again. I liked the people a lot so hopefully that was reciprocal.

7. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Got the offer! Just waiting on one other potential thing that could be resolved this week before most likely accepting.

8. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

congrats! where will you be working?

9. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

congrats! where will you be working?

Just accepted the offer at BCG... Very excited.

10. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Just accepted the offer at BCG… Very excited.

[​IMG] You'll love it. Which office if I may ask? Also, did you interview off cycle? They don't recruit until the fall in the US.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just accepted the offer at BCG... Very excited.

[​IMG]

12. kxk

kxk Well-Known Member

Just accepted the offer at BCG… Very excited.
    congrats. you're the third SFer to be offered from BCG in the past 12 months that I know of.... which office, if you don't mind my asking?

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

NY - although after all my bitching about San Francisco it is remarkably sad to be leaving.