• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Claims Adjusters inside my computer?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any Claims Adjusters on SF? I just looked up a short description, sounds like it might provide a little more personal contact than my other CPA aspiration, though they might be pissed-off persons... Well, hope to hear from some of you, we have a large Geico branch just down the street, and I'm thinking I could work up to it while finishing my Acctng degree. Thanks!
smile.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend is one. She's crazy but a lot of fun and hates the people she works with.

Does that answer your question?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
My friend is one. She's crazy but a lot of fun and hates the people she works with.

Does that answer your question?

Crazy is a personal thing, hating the people you work with is OK with me...how about the job? How's she doing financially and with the hours? Do you know her education background? Obviously something went wrong if she's crazy though
laugh.gif

tinfoil.gif

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one else? I'm actually kind of excited about this as compared to the CPA. Hmmm...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Crazy is a personal thing, hating the people you work with is OK with me...how about the job? How's she doing financially and with the hours? Do you know her education background? Obviously something went wrong if she's crazy though
laugh.gif

tinfoil.gif

I don't ask her how she's doing financially. Okay for someone her age I guess. She has an undergrad in something. I forgot what.

Just talked to her and she's working on her resumÃ
00a9.png
, actually.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My mom has been doing this for a while (5+ years) for catastrophic claims, and just recently, maybe two years ago, started doing adjusting for smaller, in state claims. Loves it. Makes a lot of money.

It requires a lot of independence and discipline. I think if you're young, have no wife or kids, you can do catastrophic claims, rack up some really good money, like 200k pre-taxes, and save for later in life.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My mom has been doing this for a while (5+ years) for catastrophic claims, and just recently, maybe two years ago, started doing adjusting for smaller, in state claims. Loves it. Makes a lot of money.

It requires a lot of independence and discipline. I think if you're young, have no wife or kids, you can do catastrophic claims, rack up some really good money, like 200k pre-taxes, and save for later in life.

Thanks, I remember talking to you about her job awhile ago. I think I'd start working for an insurance company to get some experience, then maybe move into that field if I had the opportunity.

After reading some of the career info on Geico's website, it sounds like the want someone with almost lawyer-like debate and 'salesman' skills in oral communication. Would your mom agree with that? I'm pretty well spoken and can explain things well, but it doesn't come across in interviews very well
plain.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
After reading some of the career info on Geico's website, it sounds like the want someone with almost lawyer-like debate and 'salesman' skills in oral communication. Would your mom agree with that? I'm pretty well spoken and can explain things well, but it doesn't come across in interviews very well
plain.gif

I think my Mom's is unique in this way, and different from Geico would be. Since those are just regular claims regarding almost anything, you really do have to argue with people, sell them on the facts as you seem them and not as they're trying to tell them, etc. Since she does hurricanes, people are mostly just happy to have someone from the insurance company there b/c they've already been living in temporary housing for a month and it's finally a ray of hope that things will get taken care of.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I think I'd be good at it, but convincing the company might be a problem at first. Oh wells, I'll definitely give it a shot once school ends

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads