• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any chess enthusiast ?

LifeSword3

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

As the title says, I'm interested to know how many members here enjoy playing chess.

I've started playing last year and I'm already a class B player at 1700-1800 points. My favourites openings are the Ruy Lopez as white and the Sicilian and Modern Benoni as black. Some of my preferred grandmasters of the past are Mikhail Tal, Rashid Nezmehdinov, Bobby Fischer and Max Euwe. Today, it would be Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, Aman Hambleton, Eric Hansen, Ding Liren and Hikaru Nakamura.

Are you following the coverage of the finals for the Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour ? If so, what are your impressions ?

Best regards.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well I started playing decades ago but still can't beat Frederik on psp Chessmaster on a good day

LifeSword3

Reaction score
I'm surprised people still use their psp lol, I started playing online last year and joined my club two weeks ago. I already played in two tournaments but it was a disaster :D

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
psp is nothing, I have a 2005 iPAQ palm computer with Pocket Fritz 2 running on it.

never beat this one, Fritz means business

ipaq+w+30+13.jpg

Evacipator

Reaction score
I play randomly online and am interested in it as a concept, but I tend not to take it very seriously and often prefer to experiment with silly variants to keep things fresh.

Perhaps you have learned variants that you've enjoyed also, that might be less well known / your own inventions?

LifeSword3

Reaction score
I understand your point but I am still a beginner, I only did a few tournaments so I don't have the level yet to be able to create my own variants, however I do enjoy the Sicilian Scheveningen (e4 c5 Nf3 d6 d4 cxd4 Nxd4 e6) and the Benoni (d4 Nf6 c4 c5 d5 e6 Nc3 exd5 cxd5 d6) but I'm shifting towards a classical Queen's Gambit as I am reading Bronstein's book Zurich 1953 International Chess Tournament which I highly recommend.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ?

I’ve only started playing again after playing as a kid, maybe in few months I’ll challenge one of you:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads