• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any cheaper similar versions of john mayer's gq jacket?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
that jacket is the Nom De Guerre M65. Last year it was priced at about 550. This year its close to 800 like you said. The price hike is ridiculous...
no, it's $640 through brigade, which means it should be less at the store. not sure by how much (considering the store is usually cheaper than their distributor stores). Not sure what warranted the price hike though. http://blog.clothingbrigade.com/
dsc02091nv9.jpg
dsc02092rn5.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was $560 at Stel's last year, when I got mine - from what I can tell without having handled this year's model in person, it's exactly the same jacket. Cheapest price anywhere (list price was $620.) All the details look identical.

Oh, you suckers
smile.gif
Sorry, just felt like gloating that I jumped on this ASAP after it landed for the first time.

The price at NdG is typically not the lowest, ime. This year, the list price is $760 or so, considerably higher than at Brigade...

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
no, it's $640 through brigade, which means it should be less at the store. not sure by how much (considering the store is usually cheaper than their distributor stores). Not sure what warranted the price hike though.

http://blog.clothingbrigade.com/

dsc02091nv9.jpg
dsc02092rn5.jpg

that might be brigade only but its definately 785 at the NDG store

Thanks for the link though. This saves me about 150 if I decide to get it...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
that might be brigade only but its definately 785 at the NDG store

Thanks for the link though. This saves me about 150 if I decide to get it...

holy ****, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
holy ****, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane
Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.

To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will not rehash the "omgomgomg price increases sux!!!111" debate though the whole situation is a bit off-putting. Then again, if I was NDG, I'd charge as much as I could get dumbasses to pay.. y'know?

Oh, and a quick edit - thanks for the Stels recommendation. Jon and Tina are awesome. Picked up SSV and NDG shirts from them.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.

I'm confused as to why it's more expensive at the stores taking into account NDG's seemingly stringent attitude on their distributors concerning the pricing and no sales rules (which obviously wasn't followed, but you'd think they would make the stores jack the price for brand name sake).

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I am liking the heathered crewneck and burgundy polka scarf. Potential pickups, my buddy ordered a ton of the outerwear for fall. I liked the mac kennedy but I found out it was belted so that's a no go.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the heathered sweater in brown and grey??
I was thinking that too..its 295 at Circle Boutique in DC

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea some of it but she didnt put it out yet. You can ask her and she has it in the back.
they have the sweater, some big ass coat, the hooded deconstructed toggle jacket..some other stuff

They also got BoO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads