1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any Beatles Fans Out There?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Artisan Fan, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

I'm listening to a 1983 EMI pressing of Rubber Soul and it sounds amazing. This is very close to the original British pressings and has the nice tubey midrange.

[​IMG]

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

My sister has many of their albums. Rubber Soul, included. We thought one of her album covers was a rare edition: Yesterday and Today, I think it was. Supposedly one cover photo had been pasted over, via another picture. It looked to us as though that was the case, with our example. Not so.

3. Artisan Fan

Original UK pressings go easily for $100+ per album.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I have a few vinyl pieces of beatles, rubber soul included. I love having albums compared to the cds. Just for sentimental reasons. Can't afford rare pressings but some of them are really old. My friend's dad gave me his old collection from when he was young.

5. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

I love having albums compared to the cds. Just for sentimental reasons.
    Me too. I've got our French provincial, 8 speaker Fisher console in the living room. I just love it. Lots of carving, dark polished wood, and resonant sound. Can't beat it, during dinner parties.
    Artisan Fan: the album to which I was referring, supposedly would have fetched three thousand dollars, had it housed the dual cover photos.

6. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior member

I saw the Beatles live at Metropolitan stadium in Cleveland in the summer of '66. They did maybe four tunes before the crowd broke through the police lines and rushed the stage. The Fab Four retreated into their trailer and never came back out. Concert over.

EgH

7. Artisan Fan

I saw the Beatles live at Metropolitan stadium in Cleveland in the summer of '66. They did maybe four tunes before the crowd broke through the police lines and rushed the stage. The Fab Four retreated into their trailer and never came back out. Concert over.

EgH

Talk about being popular. At least you saw them live. [​IMG]

8. Artisan Fan

I love having albums compared to the cds. Just for sentimental reasons.
    Me too. I've got our French provincial, 8 speaker Fisher console in the living room. I just love it. Lots of carving, dark polished wood, and resonant sound. Can't beat it, during dinner parties.
    Artisan Fan: the album to which I was referring, supposedly would have fetched three thousand dollars, had it housed the dual cover photos.

I'm not surprised, it sounds very rare.

9. sonick

sonick Senior member

I grew up with the Beatles... My first memories are of watching HELP! and Yellow Submarine on Laserdisc with my dad.

My dad has a Japanese "Pro-Use" pressing of Abbey Road that sounds amazing (and worth a relatively decent amount).