• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any alternatives to Diesel ZAF or Zathan jeans?? Bootcut pants also...

PMaximus

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of slim bootcut Diesel Zathan and Zaf style denim jeans but Zaf's are totally discontinued and Zathans have limited distribution to stores and IMO now have lousy washes and distressing (compared to Zatiny and other models). I even hear they are being discontinued also. I'm looking for similar quality, heavy denim bootcut (typical Diesel). Further, it has become nearly impossible to find bootcut dress pants and khakis (I mean the dressier slimmer kind, not the baggy youth style chinos). Banana Republic used to carry them all the time but as the reviews indicate on their web site, and from my personal experience, the ones they have now are strictly for casual wear and super baggy.

Last edited:

PMaximus

Reaction score
Any thoughts from any Diesel bootcut fans?

dreamblvr

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Along with the Zef and Zathan the Ruky are also discontinued. The Zatiny are somewhat suitable, but i feel the bootcut isn't as wide as I would like, especially for the price. I've found the Guess bootcut are my only option at this point. they will have to do for now. I also agree with you on the khakis. I was able to find a pair at the Banana Republic outlet, but that was awhile back.

In a world of skinny jeans, there is no room for people like us.

wrightj76

Reaction score
I have six pair of Diesel four Zaf and two Zathan. Two of the four Zaf are brand new with tags. They are available for $200 a piece. They are a size 36x34. They are impossible to find anywhere.

PMaximus

Reaction score
Prices too high for me and size too big. So it's not a match :)

wrightj76

Reaction score
Macy's has 7 for all mankind on sale right now, $170 plus 25% off. Check out the Brett Modern Boot Cut, I just bought them and the cut is similar to Diesel Zathan. Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads