• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
89CAC2F1-2279-4334-82B9-313C998E2E3F.jpeg
Let’s play the how many AMs can u spot game

moltoelegante

Reaction score
My only problem with AM is I wish they would use natural lightings for their photos. While the photos try to do justice to make them look as great as they do in real life, the colors just aren’t accurate.

The light source may or may not be part of the problem, as quality photo lighting should have a high colour rendering index (CRI) anyway. My bet is that the photographer is simply pumping up contrast in post production for visual impact at the expense of colour accuracy.

Before and after contrast adjustment:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The light source may or may not be part of the problem, as quality photo lighting should have a high colour rendering index (CRI) anyway. My bet is that the photographer is simply pumping up contrast in post production for visual impact at the expense of colour accuracy.

Before and after contrast adjustment:

View attachment 1293901

Big difference in color! Thank you for providing that contrast between touched vs untouched photos.

The untouched looks conventional while the modified picture looks more ostentatious. Would be nice to convey that difference as a 3rd or 4th picture on his site (or any site for that matter).

Zaos1

Reaction score
Just a little doubt... some people here are saying AM is much better than C&J... i own both AM and C&J... taking away the prices, i find both brands to be comfortable, both brands fits really well, both brands shine so beautiful, and both brands have beautiful estetic shoes.... so what are the terms you are using to determine one brand is better than the other.

From C&J i like They are high Quality but discrete and timeless pieces

From AM i love the feeling i have a “bespoke” level shoe but a quarter of the price.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a little doubt... some people here are saying AM is much better than C&J... i own both AM and C&J... taking away the prices, i find both brands to be comfortable, both brands fits really well, both brands shine so beautiful, and both brands have beautiful estetic shoes.... so what are the terms you are using to determine one brand is better than the other.

From C&J i like They are high Quality but discrete and timeless pieces

From AM i love the feeling i have a “bespoke” level shoe but a quarter of the price.

I also own both brands. I will concur with everything you mentioned except for a few critical factors.

The AM is better (outside of price) due in part to the leather quality which is a bit improved (Aeris vs Benchgrade). The Argentum vs the CJ Handgrade leather is also much improved. Additionally, the construction of the Argentum is better than the construction of either CJ line due to the leather sewn directly from the insole to the upper, therefore an absence of glue.
This does not imply that the CJ will fail, but there is a higher possibility that it could.

Furthermore, the insole of the Argentum is a bit more flexible which adds to the comfort, although admittedly (and as you mentioned) the CJ is a comfortable shoe.

Factor in price (which you said not to but I must because it is vital) the AM is a better buy due to its lower price. The C&J though is a really excellent shoe with that English element to it. So if you like the look, you can not go wrong with it.

Last edited:

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score

Dang some good eyes u got there. 5 in that shot.

And yes, not meaning to brag but that was pure bragging as my AMs are sort of a mini treasure for me. ?

1- Legate in boring black
2- Centurion in Caffe Tostato
3- Valerius in pin grain
4- Aeris U cap in terra suede
5- Equites in antique whiskey

I just saw another great buy on Singapore local online marketplace in my size too!!! So tempting! Only usd $300 for an almost new pair with metal taps and AM trees

Attachments

• 5F936D09-571B-487F-A518-7CA794F45C93.jpeg
    5F936D09-571B-487F-A518-7CA794F45C93.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 65265099-EEF1-4401-8576-72C436A15CDD.png
    65265099-EEF1-4401-8576-72C436A15CDD.png
    879.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 5EACF873-7FB0-48AA-A70E-F66A5A92F554.png
    5EACF873-7FB0-48AA-A70E-F66A5A92F554.png
    851.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang some good eyes u got there. 5 in that shot.

And yes, not meaning to brag but that was pure bragging as my AMs are sort of a mini treasure for me. ?

1- Legate in boring black
2- Centurion in Caffe Tostato
3- Valerius in pin grain
4- Aeris U cap in terra suede
5- Equites in antique whiskey

I just saw another great buy on Singapore local online marketplace in my size too!!! So tempting! Only usd $300 for an almost new pair with metal taps and AM trees

Gosh darnit 1 is AM! I thought they were Paolo Scaforas. That was the one I missed. Nice haul you got there.?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads