• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy The Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon is on 09 Feb 2020. You still have ample time to train; 86 days to be exact. Experiment Left side Vibram and right side Dainite and see if there is any difference. MAKE US PROUD!!!

Trust me, the evil thought commissioning a pair of leather shoes with oak bark tanned leather sole for running has crossed my mind more than often...

Actually unless the road is wet, I think a pair of well-fitted leather sole leather shoes for running 10km or 20km, is fine ?. Full marathon, I will need more training first.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Trust me, the evil thought commissioning a pair of leather shoes with oak bark tanned leather sole for running has crossed my mind more than often...

Actually unless the road is wet, I think a pair of well-fitted leather sole leather shoes for running 10km or 20km, is fine ?. Full marathon, I will need more training first.
Negotiate with AM. Ask him to sponsor you a free pair of Aurum if you can complete a marathon under 4.5 hours in a pair of his Aeris. :rotflmao:

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
It was a single-pair handwelted MTO (the leather was also a bit special and you don’t find it on his online MTO section) with AM direct and it took approximately “20 weeks” (Italian calendar, discounting all the holiday and expected and unexpected delays). So it was around 6 months, yes.

More recently the time has been changed to 22-24 weeks, so putting in summer or winter breaks, I do expect the time to be closer to 7-8 months. If you have any genuine urgency (like you need the shoes for a particular event), I think you may explain to Antonio and see if something can be done.

No emergency, only a lack of patience for having another pair of AM other than my Aurum which I've come to further appreciate haha I ordered the Libritor with baby vegetable calf on the Chisel 2 last after seeing the leather on page 43 of this thread so I'll be excited to share pictures once the shoes are made.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
No emergency, only a lack of patience for having another pair of AM other than my Aurum which I've come to further appreciate haha I ordered the Libritor with baby vegetable calf on the Chisel 2 last after seeing the leather on page 43 of this thread so I'll be excited to share pictures once the shoes are made.

I have a similar pair...

but I assume this doesn’t quench the thirst? ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Chisel 2 has more Italian flair, is more aggressive/ photogenic.

Aurum chisel is more classical, reserved and elegant. It also fits me better at the heel and toe areas. So there was not much of a going back ?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
After a while on the fence, I decided to pull trigger on Yeossal's Dalvey, which is from AM, during the recent sales.

Well, not surprising, the color is quite different from the website. It's really an antiqued tan, light brown, but on the website is really reddish brown.

Here it is out of the box:

DSCF3173-2.jpg

Which is fine, given that I quite like the pattern, the design, and the last, and the tan is quite "workable" for further coloring.

Here it is after adding color pigments with creams. I used a few layers of Saphir Mahogany, which is reddish brown, and some light coat of Carmina's red cream. Then added a final touch with 2 coats of Saphir Pate de Luxe Mahogany wax over the entire pair. Then did the mirror shine.

Came out quite nice, Cognac brown with a tint of red .....

DSCF3218.jpg

I'm glad that I decided to pull the trigger :)

Last edited:

greenhouse

Reaction score
After a while on the fence, I decided to pull trigger on Yeossal's Dalvey, which is from AM, during the recent sales.

Well, not surprising, the color is quite different from the website. It's really an antiqued tan, light brown, but on the website is really reddish brown.

Here it is out of the box:

View attachment 1279814

Which is fine, given that I quite like the pattern, the design, and the last, and the tan is quite "workable" for further coloring.

Here it is after adding color pigments with creams. I used a few layers of Saphir Mahogany, which is reddish brown, and some light coat of Carmina's red cream. Then added a final touch with 2 coats of Saphir Pate de Luxe Mahogany wax over the entire pair. Then did the mirror shine.

Came out quite nice, Cognac brown with a tint of red .....

View attachment 1279815

I'm glad that I decided to pull the trigger :)
It looks beautiful, but holy hell is the color different than the picture on the website. Not even close. That said, I like the true color more.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
I posted picts of the true color of the Dalvey in earlier posts because of this exact reason. I saw that the color of the real pair vs the color on the web store was almost like a completely different shoe. Having said that I also prefer the color of the actual

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I posted picts of the true color of the Dalvey in earlier posts because of this exact reason. I saw that the color of the real pair vs the color on the web store was almost like a completely different shoe. Having said that I also prefer the color of the actual

Your picts helped me a lot in pulling the trigger. Thank you very much :)

The actual color is truly nice. The antiqued effect is a bit too much initially (for me anyway) though. So what I did was to "artificially age" the rest of the color for the closer match with the antiquing parts.

It's actually from your picts that allowed me to see the base color and the antiquing color parts clearly, and see the opportunity to turn it to something I like.

Really like how it turned out :)

WilYa

Reaction score
Need some help regarding AM lasts, I believe Antonio labels the last on the lining window inside the shoes. From my personal experience and the wonderful post by @shirtingfantasy , I find the label A88 stands for Argentum Soft Square and A89 for Argentum Hawksbill. Could anyone confirm this by looking into your shoes? My next question is if someone can help to identify A90 last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads