• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

unprocessed

Reaction score
YMMV, but after a few wears I’ve found my Argentum soft square to be significantly more comfortable than my Aeris soft square, which has been a uncomfortable and at times painful break in. While the Aeris RTW has some great choices, I think I’m going to go with Argentum moving forward. The comfort difference for me is well worth the modestly higher price.

LThomsen

Reaction score

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does AM rtw compare to SB rtw?
Please stop your comparison questions. You are posting it on every single thread now.
Can't you understand people may get upset if the brand they loved are evaluated as less comparable?

At a minimal, utilize the search function and figure it out yourself.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I have not had a luck with Antonio Meccariello's shoes, sadly. I have posted a pair of chukka and wingtip to the classified forum in case any of you are interested.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi.. i have a conundrum about AM shoe soles.

The context is that i am debating with myself as to should i get the Half Rubber sole Vibram insert installed by Antonio or not..

I am going for a plain black cap toe oxford. With that kind of shoe its best to go for a leather sole. But i wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with the leather soles of AM shoes. How durable are they ?

Or should i go for Vibram inserts for the added durability and traction..

What do u guys think ??

PS: I live in India, so re-soleing a shoe is not easy..

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 10.16.23 AM.png

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
The soles are hardy AF. I understand that AM hammers the crap out of his leather soles to densify the pores and make it longer lasting. I would say the soles should last as long as the thin rubber vibram. Of course the downside is that you have to air dry the leather soles if they get wet to prevent mould and you will also have less traction if you doing James Bond type work where you have to chase after guys and jump fences etc.

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Hi.. i have a conundrum about AM shoe soles.

The context is that i am debating with myself as to should i get the Half Rubber sole Vibram insert installed by Antonio or not..

I am going for a plain black cap toe oxford. With that kind of shoe its best to go for a leather sole. But i wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with the leather soles of AM shoes. How durable are they ?

Or should i go for Vibram inserts for the added durability and traction..

What do u guys think ??

PS: I live in India, so re-soleing a shoe is not easy..

View attachment 1278973

The leather soles are pretty solid. Im from India and i wear AM shoes everyday. Just make sure to get metal toe tips as leather soles can wear down a bit in that area if you wear the same shoes often and they are not very nice to look at.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The soles are hardy AF. I understand that AM hammers the crap out of his leather soles to densify the pores and make it longer lasting. I would say the soles should last as long as the thin rubber vibram. Of course the downside is that you have to air dry the leather soles if they get wet to prevent mould and you will also have less traction if you doing James Bond type work where you have to chase after guys and jump fences etc.

thanks for the advice ... lol.. no James Bond stuff.. i have a desk job...

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leather soles are pretty solid. Im from India and i wear AM shoes everyday. Just make sure to get metal toe tips as leather soles can wear down a bit in that area if you wear the same shoes often and they are not very nice to look at.

thank u for the advice... i am gonna get the metal tips installed for sure.. my wear is not so frequent.. due to the current shoe rotation, that i want to stick to.. i might wear them every 7-10 days...

I think i will order them with the metal tips and the lasted shoe trees... will skip on the vibram rubber since this is a plain black cap toe oxford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads