• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this helpful info. That's what I've contemplated as well. I'm generally a UK7,5 but take UK8 for some, such as Bestetti, GG, EG. For Vass, it depends on the last.

How is the B last compared to the soft square length, width wise and room in the toe box?

I don’t have Argentum B shoes. From what i have read from AM website, Last B fits similar to Chisel 1/2 and Round. Soft square is well-known for its low instep which is not an issue on his other lasts.

You can refer to the size comparison data here:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Yes, provided that no metal toe plate/ Vibram insert was ordered with the shoes. In other words, shoes - soles in particular - have to remain in pristine condition.

Better double-check and verify sizing with Angela before you order, just to be safe ??

ryanluo23

Reaction score
I did look there before. Think I'm going to take my chance with UK7,5. Does AM offer returns/exchange for RTW?

angela does a good job to confirm and ascertain your size prior to shipping. However once its shipped, to exchange, you will be liable for all cost

Zargdak

Reaction score
Are there any good online guides that show how to properly maintain dress shoes?

spencert

Reaction score
Highly recommend Kirby Allison, easy to follow videos about everything from regular maintenance to how to achieve a mirror shine.

Agreed, and I would also recommend the Elegant Oxford Youtube channel
Just don't listen to his BS about Saphir Renomat or Renovateur are ok to be used in good quality shoes. It will!

Sadly I fell for it.

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Are there any good online guides that show how to properly maintain dress shoes?

I like shoegazing.com for the polishing guide posted there. It’s well written and includes pictures for reference. Kirby Allison is where I started when I wanted a video of shoe polishing though lately watching Japanese shoe-shining champions is my go to. You can look up The Way Things Go shoe shine or The Armoury Shoe shine, then move to other recommended videos.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Have anyone checked with AM if they are going to do Black Friday Sale?
I dont really think They will... and i dont think it because black friday is an american thing, like pay pal, he dont have pay pal in his webstore.

The only discounts you Can find for Mecariello is in his outlet stock.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Looks like they had a 10% BF sale in 2017 but can’t find anything about last year.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really think They will... and i dont think it because black friday is an american thing, like pay pal, he dont have pay pal in his webstore.

The only discounts you Can find for Mecariello is in his outlet stock.
A lot of Italian stores do Black Friday sale, SB for example.

Anyway, planning to place an order this week so checking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads