• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

frighter3

Reaction score
Went to take a look at lunch break. I really like the Nassim in Grey Anthracite. Yeossal guys mentioned they will not be bringing in any more AMs in the future stating that his online webshop prices are too competitive and that lead times to get stock is around 9months.
Oic, btw hv u taken photo of the wholecut by am??

spencert

Reaction score
Went to take a look at lunch break. I really like the Nassim in Grey Anthracite. Yeossal guys mentioned they will not be bringing in any more AMs in the future stating that his online webshop prices are too competitive and that lead times to get stock is around 9months.
I just pulled the trigger on the Nissim this morning for the 11.11 sales with 15% off. The Mayfair last is true to size for me after trying out at Yeossal awhile back.

Last chance to get AM from Yeossal. They also confirmed with me awhile back it wasn't worthwhile for them to bring in AMs.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Actually, I was referring to the semi brogue shoe (https://www.yeossal.com/collections...o-handwelted-semi-brogue-in-noce-di-benevento). I need this one in my life. Just need to figure out my size in the B-last if I'm a UK8 standard width in the soft square last.

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway based on the Yeossal site both the UK 8 and UK8.5 are sold out for that handwelted model.

@nishant- Mayfair last to me fit TTS. I take a UK9 in most Brands and lasts and the Mayfair fits me very well in UK9. Compared to the Argentum Dux and Aeris Soft Square, I would say Mayfair is longer in length as I would have to size up half in soft square and get a UK9.5 instead.

spencert

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. Anyway based on the Yeossal site both the UK 8 and UK8.5 are sold out for that handwelted model.

@nishant- Mayfair last to me fit TTS. I take a UK9 in most Brands and lasts and the Mayfair fits me very well in UK9. Compared to the Argentum Dux and Aeris Soft Square, I would say Mayfair is longer in length as I would have to size up half in soft square and get a UK9.5 instead.
Same for me. I took the Mayfair in 9.5 and but had to size up for soft square and hawkbills to 10.

Zargdak

Reaction score
I wore my Aeries Principes for the first time today and realized some scratches or cracked leather in the toe cap. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Attachments

• 9291867D-0923-4BC6-A44F-DB45FC2E329E.jpeg
    9291867D-0923-4BC6-A44F-DB45FC2E329E.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 656A53D6-77FE-4E3E-91EC-0ABAC2587238.jpeg
    656A53D6-77FE-4E3E-91EC-0ABAC2587238.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 92

LThomsen

Reaction score
I wore my Aeries Principes for the first time today and realized some scratches or cracked leather in the toe cap. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?
Did you bump into something or did they just appear?

unprocessed

Reaction score

Possibly just the mirror gloss cracking? All my AMs have come pre polished

Zargdak

Reaction score
Yea I think I did bump into something, but I don’t have any creams or polishes as I am new to men’s footwear. I should probably go get it shined to fix the cracking, I’m not confident enough to fix it myself haha

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Yea I think I did bump into something, but I don’t have any creams or polishes as I am new to men’s footwear. I should probably go get it shined to fix the cracking, I’m not confident enough to fix it myself haha

It seems like its just polish which has come off. You may be able to easily fix this with the Saphir cream polish and if required, you can apply some wax polish too.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score

Definitely "wax cracks", and you can easily fix it with nothing but wax. (If you have creams, like Saphir Renovateur, it would be even better, but wax alone will also do the job).

To illustrate the point, I deliberately "cracked" the toe shine of this Meermin pair. (Just hit it with the shoe-tree, enough for the wax to "visibly" crack).

IMG_2385.JPG

First, you gonna use horsehair brush to just brush it, vigorously. This will create heat from friction and will melt the wax a bit. After this step, it should look better already.

IMG_2386.JPG

Now, you will "melt wax with wax".

Just apply new wax with "circular motion" and "strong pressure", this will melt the old wax with the new wax. You may need to do this 2-3 times.

After a few layer, do the mirror with a drop of water. From now, you can continue adding little wax layers and little water, with light pressure.

Finally, job done. Took me like 5 minutes.
You can clearly see the balloons for my little daughter's birthday party :)

IMG_2388.JPG

If you don't have the equipment (horsehair brush, wax -- neutral will do, I personally recommend Saphir Pate de Luxe for this case) consider getting them. You'll need them for maintenance of your shoes. (Saphir Renovateur and Saphir 1925 cream with matching color would be nice too).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Actually, I was referring to the semi brogue shoe (https://www.yeossal.com/collections...o-handwelted-semi-brogue-in-noce-di-benevento). I need this one in my life. Just need to figure out my size in the B-last if I'm a UK8 standard width in the soft square last.

One simplified rule I use when recommending AM size to my friends:

1. For first time buyers, take JL/ TLB +0.5 for Chisel 1/2, Mayfair and Round
2. For Hawksbill, Soft square and Aeris Soft Square, further add 0.5

That semi brogue pair is in Round last? Down 0.5 from soft square would be right for some but tight for some other.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One simplified rule I use when recommending AM size to my friends:

1. For first time buyers, take JL/ TLB +0.5 for Chisel 1/2, Mayfair and Round
2. For Hawksbill, Soft square and Aeris Soft Square, further add 0.5

That semi brogue pair is in Round last? Down 0.5 from soft square would be right for some but tight for some other.
Thank you very much for this helpful info. That's what I've contemplated as well. I'm generally a UK7,5 but take UK8 for some, such as Bestetti, GG, EG. For Vass, it depends on the last.

How is the B last compared to the soft square length, width wise and room in the toe box?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads