• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I may get something from AM’s webstore soon. Likely his new bi-material boots.

Anyone in the Hong Kong region wishing to take advantage of the free shipping opportunity (I will pay for the shipping) can PM me. The quota is 2 additional pairs.

Thanks!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may get something from AM’s webstore soon. Likely his new bi-material boots.

Anyone in the Hong Kong region wishing to take advantage of the free shipping opportunity (I will pay for the shipping) can PM me. The quota is 2 additional pairs.

Thanks!
Wish I was in HK; those Venators are gorgeous!

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Got a response already. Would probably go for it after I have got my current batch of Aeris + Argentum + Aurum. So it's likely in Nov 2019, and one quota is left.

abarraga86

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Im excited to say that in a couple of weeks I'll be on a quick vacation with my wife in southern Italy. I'll be in Naples for a couple of days and have already an appointment booked with Antonio for my first pair of bespokes! It'll definitely be a learning experience for me. Now to choose the specifications! A lot of studying to do...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker here. Im excited to say that in a couple of weeks I'll be on a quick vacation with my wife in southern Italy. I'll be in Naples for a couple of days and have already an appointment booked with Antonio for my first pair of bespokes! It'll definitely be a learning experience for me. Now to choose the specifications! A lot of studying to do...

Good luck to you. Word of advice..keep it simple and have a plan. Choose something you will like in 10 years, with a color that works with multiple options (black & dark brown..formal or business options). If you choose to go the casual route (derbies or suedes)..the world is your oyster. Have fun with it! :fistbump:

abarraga86

Reaction score
Good luck to you. Word of advice..keep it simple and have a plan. Choose something you will like in 10 years, with a color that works with multiple options (black & dark brown..formal or business options). If you choose to go the casual route (derbies or suedes)..the world is your oyster. Have fun with it! :fistbump:
Thanks a lot for your advice! I completely agree with you, since I’m starting to build my standard shoes, I want to keep them classic and classy. I’m on my low 30s (age) so I don’t want to be “overly” conservative. Since I already have two pairs of classic black toe oxfords (a C&J and recently added a Gaziano Girling), and since I have a pair of double monks by John Lobb Paris in tan color, I was thinking some dark brown oxfords maybe with slight broguing but not too excessive for them to be too casual. I need a pair that I can use for board meetings with a suit. Any further advice on favorite colors and lasts on the dark brown space?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your advice! I completely agree with you, since I’m starting to build my standard shoes, I want to keep them classic and classy. I’m on my low 30s (age) so I don’t want to be “overly” conservative. Since I already have two pairs of classic black toe oxfords (a C&J and recently added a Gaziano Girling), and since I have a pair of double monks by John Lobb Paris in tan color, I was thinking some dark brown oxfords maybe with slight broguing but not too excessive for them to be too casual. I need a pair that I can use for board meetings with a suit. Any further advice on favorite colors and lasts on the dark brown space?

If you want something somewhat modern but classy without the overabundance of broguing..how about an adelaide? I would keep the peaked counter. It adds just a bit of fun and difference to the shoe. You can keep it like this or make the thickness of the brogue ever so slightly thinner to allow the leather to shine through.

61993208_684884968637990_3796501268171703515_n.jpg

WilYa

Reaction score
I will go for the spiral oxford

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that the wingtip without the broguing? The man did say he wanted some broguing. ?
Having said that, they are offly slick.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Got my equites Argentum. Beautiful shoes and the brown is significantly darker than I expected, they’re a true dark brown and even look almost black in some photos.

A question on fit: I do notice a bit of heel slippage- not so much the actual heel moving up and down but rather my feet sliding slightly up and down when I walk. Obviously the leather will loosen up and I’ll have even more space, but should this get a little better once my feet set the bed of the shoes?

Was thinking about maybe trying some moleskin tape to try to slightly reduce the volume on the heel and inside the shoes and make it a tighter fit. Problem is I a small size and moving down half a size would require MTO as opposed to RTW (and sized down a half from my typical AE 65 last, which fit very well for me). Can even see from the comparison photo that the AM is noticeably shorter than the AE (downsizing a half size from US).

Attachments

• F56B4312-5D5A-4660-B81C-51C9418A9310.jpeg
    F56B4312-5D5A-4660-B81C-51C9418A9310.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 68
  • D6F58518-AC29-4DEE-9373-4A037430F155.jpeg
    D6F58518-AC29-4DEE-9373-4A037430F155.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 88C81131-A3CC-449A-B248-8C49C17DAD44.jpeg
    88C81131-A3CC-449A-B248-8C49C17DAD44.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 10AEC541-559D-4185-AF43-D697C5A4809B.jpeg
    10AEC541-559D-4185-AF43-D697C5A4809B.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

abarraga86

Reaction score
If you want something somewhat modern but classy without the overabundance of broguing..how about an adelaide? I would keep the peaked counter. It adds just a bit of fun and difference to the shoe. You can keep it like this or make the thickness of the brogue ever so slightly thinner to allow the leather to shine through.

View attachment 1257397

Wow! Great taste, thank you so much for the recommendation! I actually find the peaked counter very interesting. I don’t have any adelaides nor any balmorals right now. Originally although open to some broguing, I wasn’t inclined to more broguiong other than a touch in the cap toe but seeing this picture I’m salivating. I definitely like your idea of having it be ever so slightly thinner since if I understand correctly the leather used in his bespoke work is top notch. What color and last are those shoes done in?

abarraga86

Reaction score
Those look amazing too, yet I still don’t know how I would use wingtips. Are wingtips generally well regarded to use in business meetings or where do they fall in the formality hierarchy? Sorry if this is too basic a question, as I mentioned, I’m barely learning.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my equites Argentum. Beautiful shoes and the brown is significantly darker than I expected, they’re a true dark brown and even look almost black in some photos.

A question on fit: I do notice a bit of heel slippage- not so much the actual heel moving up and down but rather my feet sliding slightly up and down when I walk. Obviously the leather will loosen up and I’ll have even more space, but should this get a little better once my feet set the bed of the shoes?

Was thinking about maybe trying some moleskin tape to try to slightly reduce the volume on the heel and inside the shoes and make it a tighter fit. Problem is I a small size and moving down half a size would require MTO as opposed to RTW (andI sized down a half from my typical AE 65 last, which for very well).

41ONaBipH+L._AC_SY400_MSAWEBPEXP_.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Great taste, thank you so much for the recommendation! I actually find the peaked counter very interesting. I don’t have any adelaides nor any balmorals right now. Originally although open to some broguing, I wasn’t inclined to more broguiong other than a touch in the cap toe but seeing this picture I’m salivating. I definitely like your idea of having it be ever so slightly thinner since if I understand correctly the leather used in his bespoke work is top notch. What color and last are those shoes done in?

Well thank you. I was basing my recommendation based on your preferences. Therefore, you can really thank yourself. ?. Seems you have the good taste good sir.

As for your question, these are from Medallion shoes off their Medallion collection made by AM. It is a chiseled toe on dark brown leather.

Your guess concerning the purpose of incorporating a thinner brogue is spot on. AM is known for top leather quality. He has a keen discerning eye for it. His bespoke leathers are amongst the best in the business. So my thought is, I have the best leathers; I might as well show it off.

@WilYa said:
Those look amazing too, yet I still don’t know how I would use wingtips. Are wingtips generally well regarded to use in business meetings or where do they fall in the formality hierarchy? Sorry if this is too basic a question, as I mentioned, I’m barely learning.

I would rank those wingtips under the Adelaides in regards to formality. I only base that on the fact that the broguing, if thinner, will be less visible. Therefore, only the brogued cap will distract from the entirety of the shoe, especially when you have a bit of shine on it. Furthermore, your trousers will cover the lacings somewhat (provided they are just kissing the upper shoe as they should be) and counters will be somewhat covered by the trailing hem.
Those seams on the Wingtip will be center stage and hard to disguise.

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score
Guys reminder that this is a Meccariello thread so let’s keep it as that. If we want to discuss Yeossal then it should be on their Meccariello offerings and not their China made private label. In summary, their private label has good offerings and they provide great customer service at a decent price point so if that ticks your boxes then just go ahead and buy it. Whatever makes you happy...

BACK TO MECCARIELLO NOW....

Wonderful shoes. What last is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads