• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Just saw this recent post from Medallion.
Scroll down for the MTO feast, absolutely stunning.

The blue museum double monk, the wholecut boots...

I wish AM can pick some of these and include them in his regular Argentum collection ?

svf

Reaction score
Hi,

This thread has been very informative (and the pics gorgeous). Thanks! I pulled the trigger on the Aeris suede derbys from Yeossal (pics below). At $300 it was a not-too-expensive way to dip my toes (figuratively and literally) in the AM universe. The 9E fit fairly well; a tad bit of heel slip and toe box stiffness that I'll resolve once they break it.

Question: these are made on the soft square last. How similar will the fit be on the Argentum chisel 2 last? I'm lusting after the Tribune 2 calf chukkas on the AM site. They say the fits should be similar. Can anyone here confirm?

Thanks again!

IMG_20190816_075731.jpg IMG_20190816_075754.jpg

JLPII

Reaction score
I finally got my first pair of Meccariello shoes, purchased from Yeossal.
It's their Yeossal prestige line, which are made by Antonio Meccariello.
They nicely come with wooden shoe box and shoe trees.
The model name is St. Martins in hawksbill last.
IMG_5047.jpeg
IMG_5071.jpeg

I don't know the exact color of the museum calf, anybody here knows it?
I asked Angela and she only answered museum calf.
Thanks.

spencert

Reaction score
Hi,

This thread has been very informative (and the pics gorgeous). Thanks! I pulled the trigger on the Aeris suede derbys from Yeossal (pics below). At $300 it was a not-too-expensive way to dip my toes (figuratively and literally) in the AM universe. The 9E fit fairly well; a tad bit of heel slip and toe box stiffness that I'll resolve once they break it.

Question: these are made on the soft square last. How similar will the fit be on the Argentum chisel 2 last? I'm lusting after the Tribune 2 calf chukkas on the AM site. They say the fits should be similar. Can anyone here confirm?

Thanks again!

View attachment 1225804 View attachment 1225805
Congrats on a great buy. A steal considering these are on sale. You probably need to size down half a size for Chisel last since you are already experiencing some heel slip. Chisel last generally have more room in the toe box and vamp.

spencert

Reaction score
The model name is St. Martins in hawksbill last. View attachment 1225814 View attachment 1225815
Thanks.
These are museum brown.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
The model name is St. Martins in hawksbill last. View attachment 1225814 View attachment 1225815
Thanks.

Dear @JLPII, I believe it is the same shade as my first pair of AM shoes (an SMTO pair from AM):

In the MTO section and also on my invoice, it is uninspiringly called -

But if we refer to the text in the Instagram post, it's "noce museum", i.e. walnut museum

Last edited:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks again!

View attachment 1225804 View attachment 1225805

You can pick the same size as Aeris. Chisel 2 would have a more generous instep than Argentum Soft Square - although your pair of Aeris is a derby, so the difference may not be evident.

The suede is very beautiful.

Reactions: svf

svf

Reaction score
Congrats on a great buy. A steal considering these are on sale. You probably need to size down half a size for Chisel last since you are already experiencing some heel slip. Chisel last generally have more room in the toe box and vamp.
Thanks, I'm pretty pleased. I'd read elsewhere of others having some issues w/sizing so to be this close out of the box is pretty nice. I have a good cobbler and once things are broken in we'll fine tune the fit. I'm guessing something minor on the tongue to work on the heel slip and we'll see if the toe box breaks in or needs a touch of stretching. (The less work the better.)

He also recommends a (rubber or other) lining on the sole. I'm torn. the leather soles are BEAUTIFUL but also slippery as eels.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty pleased. I'd read elsewhere of others having some issues w/sizing so to be this close out of the box is pretty nice. I have a good cobbler and once things are broken in we'll fine tune the fit. I'm guessing something minor on the tongue to work on the heel slip and we'll see if the toe box breaks in or needs a touch of stretching. (The less work the better.)

He also recommends a lining on the sole. I'm torn. the leather soles are BEAUTIFUL but also slippery as eels.

I agree with @spencert - if you want to keep the same degree of tightness/ looseness you can keep the same size. Sizing down 0.5 would allow you to eliminate the heel slip (but I am not sure if toe room is still enough, as it depends also on exact foot shape).

Zaos1

Reaction score

He also recommends a (rubber or other) lining on the sole. I'm torn. the leather soles are BEAUTIFUL but also slippery as eels.

Hello, nice shoes! Do you size up Half size of your normal size as the group and reviews suggest??

About that slip on the heel detail, i fix it adding some cotton pads Behind my heel, that way i can make my shoes as tight as i want!! ?

Attachments

• 2C901868-6376-414C-81FD-0AD87B64899D.jpeg
    2C901868-6376-414C-81FD-0AD87B64899D.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 441B8144-D315-4415-8671-7CADC141B953.jpeg
    441B8144-D315-4415-8671-7CADC141B953.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 122

spencert

Reaction score

I would recommend an insole. After wearing for awhile, you will notice the heel slip will even be more pronounced. This is because as time goes by, the sole will naturally sink in more.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score

do not EVER put on rubber half soles on that beauty! Biggest mistake ever. I used to do make this horrendous mistake with many of my shoes, even JR leather sole ones. If there is anything i have learnt is that the majority of leather soles from proper makers (of course do not count in the cheap crappy type shoes) can probably outlast you if work an office job and if you are not required to run a marathon in them every week. Furthermore the rubber half sole on a tight fiddleback waisted meccariello just screams sacrilege to me. I recall some other SF member's position on this- "it is like putting plastic clingwrap on your new Ferrari tyres to try and protect the rubber from the dust on the floor". ?

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Hello, nice shoes! Do you size up Half size of your normal size as the group and reviews suggest??

About that slip on the heel detail, i fix it adding some cotton pads Behind my heel, that way i can make my shoes as tight as i want!! ?

I don't think you have used enough cotton pads. The padding seems to thin. =)

Regarding sizing, I typically wear UK9/ Euro 43 in my other pairs of Meccariello Dux soft square and Meccariello Aurum round but for the Aeris round, i followed the sizing advice to size up by half to UK9.5 and the shoes fit me absolutely perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads