• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Sorry to break from the current discussion, but I'd like to post a photo of my latest AM acquisition. A pair of "Nassim Oxford in Anthracite Museum", part of Y by Yeossal made by AM. This pair is on Mayfair 2 last with Argentum welted construction.

I was on the fence for a long while for this pair .... but as it turned out, I like it so much more than I expected. Just awesome stuff.

DSCF2079-2.jpg

ryanluo23

Reaction score
i did not know that Y is made by AM? - is that true for all Y shoes?

winwcy

Reaction score
Sorry to break from the current discussion, but I'd like to post a photo of my latest AM acquisition. A pair of "Nassim Oxford in Anthracite Museum", part of Y by Yeossal made by AM. This pair is on Mayfair 2 last with Argentum welted construction.

I was on the fence for a long while for this pair .... but as it turned out, I like it so much more than I expected. Just awesome stuff.

View attachment 1223401
stunning stuff. my size went out so quickly :(

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
i did not know that Y is made by AM? - is that true for all Y shoes?

Some yes, some no. You have to read their product description - only those explicitly mentioned marked as “Made in Italy by Antonio Meccariello” are made by AM.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
stunning stuff. my size went out so quickly :(

His grey black patina is indeed stunning. I heard that he may have new additions to his Aeris line in pearl grey after this summer...

Zaos1

Reaction score

View attachment 1223401
They look gorgeous!! I was thinking in purchase one pair from Yeossal brand, but I declined because I read some people failed with the size chart of Yeossal, his own size chart seem to be a little confusing for some people and I don’t want to risk to be one of those ?

Zaos1

Reaction score
His grey black patina is indeed stunning. I heard that he may have new additions to his Aeris line in pearl grey after this summer...
Really?? When i asked they told me they will no providing more aeries line for a while... and I think this is because they are focusing in growing her own brand ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Really?? When i asked they told me they will no providing more aeries line for a while... and I think this is because they are focusing in growing her own brand ?

You made some assumptions. ?

Which website has the widest and growing range of Aeris now? Is it Yeossal, Sabot, Medallion, or... ???

gmehra

Reaction score
You made some assumptions. ?

Which website has the widest and growing range of Aeris now? Is it Yeossal, Sabot, Medallion, or... ???
medallion has by far the most selection. check out their Taobao (the amazon of china) store for more selection. most seem to be around $675 USD

Last edited:

spencert

Reaction score
Medallion has the widest range but most of the AMs are priced very high. Maybe due to taxes?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
medallion has by far the most selection. check out their Taobao (the amazon of china) store for more selection. most seem to be around $675 USD

Actually, without making anyone unhappy, I was trying to say: if one is just after Aeris (Goodyear-welted), and doesn't require a refined finishing touch, then the remaining pairs of Aeris on Yeossal, or the expanding range on Meccariello official site remain the budget choice :p

Aeris - 2 models available (SGD 384.80/ ~USD 285 ex-VAT)

Aeris - 8 models available (EUR 356.56 - 409.84/ ~USD 395.58 - 454.70 ex-VAT)

Then of course, if one is residing in Mainland China, then the tax-inclusive price is similar. Buying from Medallion could even be slightly cheaper due to the very low shipping cost (~ EUR 10).

Medallion Collection - 8 models available (RMB 4680/ ~USD 664.50 ex-VAT, no additional tax if purchasing from China)

Medallion has the widest range but most of the AMs are priced very high. Maybe due to taxes?

I discussed with Kevin Li (CEO) of Medallion before. He explained that the Medallion collection (their preferred name) is distinct from Aeris because of the finishing and last choices - which in many cases are similar to Argentum Dux offerings. And he claimed that due to these changes, they also had to pay an accordingly higher price to AM compared to standard Aeris offerings.

In summary, I would rank the RTW offerings from AM as below:

Older Aeris -> Current Aeris# -> Medallion Collection (2019)^ / New Aeris (2019/20)` -> Argentum Dux -> Argentum Handwelted* / Medallion Titanus* -> RTW Aurum

# Some leather quality issues in the past have been fixed
^ Premium finishing
` Further improved leather
* Depending on the model and leather chosen

Last edited:

WilYa

Reaction score
Actually, without making anyone unhappy, I was trying to say: if one is just after Aeris (Goodyear-welted), and doesn't require a refined finishing touch, then the remaining pairs of Aeris on Yeossal, or the expanding range on Meccariello official site remain the budget choice :p

Aeris - 2 models available (SGD 384.80/ ~USD 285 ex-VAT)

Aeris - 8 models available (EUR 356.56 - 409.84/ ~USD 395.58 - 454.70 ex-VAT)

Then of course, if one is residing in Mainland China, then the tax-inclusive price is similar. Buying from Medallion could even be slightly cheaper due to the very low shipping cost (~ EUR 10).

Medallion Collection - 8 models available (RMB 4680/ ~USD 664.50 ex-VAT, no additional tax if purchasing from China)

I discussed with Kevin Li (CEO) of Medallion before. He explained that the Medallion collection (their preferred name) is distinct from Aeris because of the finishing and last choices - which in many cases are similar to Argentum Dux offerings. And he claimed that due to these changes, they also had to pay an accordingly higher price to AM compared to standard Aeris offerings.

In summary, I would rank the RTW offerings from AM as below:

Older Aeris -> Current Aeris# -> Medallion Collection (2019)^ / New Aeris (2019/20)` -> Argentum Dux -> Argentum Handwelted* / Medallion Titanus* -> RTW Aurum

# Some leather quality issues in the past have been fixed
^ Premium finishing
` Further improved leather
* Depending on the model and leather chosen
Very informative! Much appreciated.
Are all Titanus handwelted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads