• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Btw, sharing my Argentines Dux soft square Equites that I coped from yeossal a few years back. Really like how the patina has turned out over time

Attachments

• FA2C8F94-9002-4B4A-9CA3-ACB091C75159.jpeg
    FA2C8F94-9002-4B4A-9CA3-ACB091C75159.jpeg
    674 KB · Views: 152

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I did see your IG post on these. However, i don't see this model or the Medallion Range you mention on their website. Did you get these in person?

Their webstore is outdated. Try their Taobao store instead.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Btw, sharing my Argentines Dux soft square Equites that I coped from yeossal a few years back. Really like how the patina has turned out over time

Amazing patina! May I know the polishing routine to bring out this natural patina? Wax-only or a mix or cream and wax?

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Amazing patina! May I know the polishing routine to bring out this natural patina? Wax-only or a mix or cream and wax?
I initially tried darkening the toe caps when i first purchased the shoes but did a horrendous job. The colors just looked absolutely awful. I recall hurrying out the house to buy some Saphir Renomat to strip away the wax. A few layers of shoe polish/wax from Ascot Shoes and wala the shine is what you see now. Didn't use any cream although on hindsight i suppose i should have. I'm a lazy shoe polisher... I need to train my wife to polish my shoes. HAHAHA...:rotflmao:

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I initially tried darkening the toe caps when i first purchased the shoes but did a horrendous job. The colors just looked absolutely awful. I recall hurrying out the house to buy some Saphir Renomat to strip away the wax. A few layers of shoe polish/wax from Ascot Shoes and wala the shine is what you see now. Didn't use any cream although on hindsight i suppose i should have. I'm a lazy shoe polisher... I need to train my wife to polish my shoes. HAHAHA...:rotflmao:

I used Renonat in the past, but after destroying the patina on a pair of Bontoni, I gave up.

Later Antonio was consulted and he was generous enough to teach me to use natural turpentine - which turns out to be much safer for the shoes. If turpentine cannot be purchased from the pharmacy, clear cream from Saphir (which contains turpentine) works as well.

Regarding pigmented cream, I am slowly drifting away from those as well. The colour simply is too opaque and not nuanced. Now I am testing out Berluti wax, which is made by Avel like Saphir, but sales associates claimed that they requested a different formulation...

@styc do you have experience with Boot Black nano-pigment cream? I am tempted as they claim the colour will turn permanent with repeated application.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I used Renonat in the past, but after destroying the patina on a pair of Bontoni, I gave up.

Later Antonio was consulted and he was generous enough to teach me to use natural turpentine - which turns out to be much safer for the shoes. If turpentine cannot be purchased from the pharmacy, clear cream from Saphir (which contains turpentine) works as well.

Regarding pigmented cream, I am slowly drifting away from those as well. The colour simply is too opaque and not nuanced. Now I am testing out Berluti wax, which is made by Avel like Saphir, but sales associates claimed that they requested a different formulation...

@styc do you have experience with Boot Black nano-pigment cream? I am tempted as they claim the colour will turn permanent with repeated application.

Collections Shoe Cream
85g in jar (6 colors available)(NEW)
■This is an emulsified shoe cream which benefits highly coloring effect with a combination water based color dye and water based nanoparticle pigment.
■You will gradually achieve deep color tone as long as you use repeatedly for a long time.■Specially formulated with argan oil which provides moisturizing effect.■Choose slight darker tone cream than actual tone of the target shoes if you want to achieve antique finishing.※Dyed color can not be removed from leather even if you use a cleaner. Test before use on an inconspicuous area to see its dyeing affinity

frighter3

Reaction score
I have always wanted Utah calf. Guess it is still too hard-wearing? ???

Pigskin GMTO just completed by Yeossal some time ago. My friend got it. He thought the pair is better than Edward Green Dover.

Hi all,

I am organizing another GMTO for centurion.

The price are as followings:-
Split toe pig skin is 1380 euro not VAt In argneum handwelted (lasted shoe tree is included)

Split toe in box calf 1180 euro (lasted shoe tree is included)

If you guys are interested, please reply to the following link or PM me.

Thank you

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am organizing another GMTO for centurion.

The price are as followings:-
Split toe pig skin is 1380 euro not VAt In argneum handwelted (lasted shoe tree is included)

Split toe in box calf 1180 euro (lasted shoe tree is included)

If you guys are interested, please reply to the following link or PM me.

Thank you

How many more pairs do you need to unlock the Yeossal price?Taking into account this is direct from Antonio the base price should be the best possible, although shipping charges may need to be sorted out.

I think GMTO prices gets progressively lower with 6, 12 and 24 pairs. So the more participants, the better - particular those who want a "softer leather" and missed the previous GMTOs :p

Anyway... it's a beautiful model, especially for the pigskin version. Hope it will become yet another very successful GMTO!

Last edited:

Zaos1

Reaction score

That turpentine method with Saphir neutral cream Can also be applied to remove Mirror shine finishes ?? Or is just a soft cleaning prior to a routine polishing ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
That turpentine method with Saphir neutral cream Can also be applied to remove Mirror shine finishes ?? Or is just a soft cleaning prior to a routine polishing ?

It removes both, rather safely. So I did not even bother to buy the high shine coat cleaner from Boot Black Japan. But the smell of pure turpentine is very strong, and my domestic "wife acceptance factor" for that is quite low. Saphir clear cream contains less turpentine by volume/ weight (as it has wax and other stuff), so smell is accordingly not as strong.

For soft cleaning I prefer clear cream. For stripping all wax I rub vigorously with a cotton cloth and turpentine. I found that using cotton balls I tend to over-saturate shoes with the solvent (making them "wet" and difficult to polish.

Please remember to do either in a well-ventilated area. :)

frighter3

Reaction score
How many more pairs do you need to unlock the Yeossal price?Taking into account this is direct from Antonio the base price should be the best possible, although shipping charges may need to be sorted out.

I think GMTO prices gets progressively lower with 6, 12 and 24 pairs. So the more participants, the better - particular those who want a "softer leather" and missed the previous GMTOs :p

Anyway... it's a beautiful model, especially for the pigskin version. Hope it will become yet another very successful GMTO!

I have no idea yet.

But the more we received, the more cheaper we have.

But I could ask how many pairs to reach this price.

But I need more people to interested in it first

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score

Collections Shoe Cream
85g in jar (6 colors available)(NEW)
■This is an emulsified shoe cream which benefits highly coloring effect with a combination water based color dye and water based nanoparticle pigment.
■You will gradually achieve deep color tone as long as you use repeatedly for a long time.■Specially formulated with argan oil which provides moisturizing effect.■Choose slight darker tone cream than actual tone of the target shoes if you want to achieve antique finishing.※Dyed color can not be removed from leather even if you use a cleaner. Test before use on an inconspicuous area to see its dyeing affinity

oooo... tempting but I better tone down my purchases the next few months. I have just added four new pairs in the past month plus I am running out of space in my house! Perhaps I need to move to a bigger place soon. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads