• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone know if the "Castagna del prete" colour is closer to a chestnut brown, or burgundy?

Looking at this pair in particular: https://www.meccarielloshoes.it/product/sagittari-aeris-line-last-b05/
It's a true chestnut brown. See my Decurion 3s, below, in Castagna del prete:

20190710_decurion3s.jpg

Zaos1

Reaction score
hello, someone here have also Crockett and Jones ?? i would like to know what is your size in C&J and your size in Mecariello Shoes, is for a reference so i can be more confident before purchase my first pair of mecariello shoes :-D

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
hello, someone here have also Crockett and Jones ?? i would like to know what is your size in C&J and your size in Mecariello Shoes, is for a reference so i can be more confident before purchase my first pair of mecariello shoes :-D

I purchased Crockett and Jones “Edgware” as my first pair of nice shoes. On their last 348 I wear size UK 7.5E (slightly on the loose side). On Meccariello Chisel 2 and Soft Square I wear also 7.5E (slightly on the tight side on soft square). As I love to have an embracing fit I did not upsize 0.5 as recommended by many.

Note that on some lasts most do need to upsize, e.g. Hawksbill. That is because the last is a bit curved.

Most importantly, please refer to this important page whenever you need sizing information. This is compiled by Meccariello and should be considered as the definitive reference.

Last but not least, if you are already a Meccariello addict like me, you will soon require this Meccariello relative sizing reference, prepared by Tim at Medallion Shoes, China. The diagram is in Chinese, but I guess the numbers and alphabets are all that are needed. I realised from the lasted shoe tree (that my friend and I have) that A88 should be “Argentum Soft Square”.

C87E195E-758B-48D2-AAD0-4E14F8323898.jpeg

Service_out

Reaction score
I wear the C&J 348 last in UK 8E, and the AM Hawksbill in UK 8.5.

Zaos1

Reaction score
I purchased Crockett and Jones “Edgware” as my first pair of nice shoes. On their last 348 I wear size UK 7.5E (slightly on the loose side). On Meccariello Chisel 2 and Soft Square I wear also 7.5E (slightly on the tight side on soft square). As I love to have an embracing fit I did not upsize 0.5 as recommended by many.

Note that on some lasts most do need to upsize, e.g. Hawksbill. That is because the last is a bit curved.

Most importantly, please refer to this important page whenever you need sizing information. This is compiled by Meccariello and should be considered as the definitive reference.

Last but not least, if you are already a Meccariello addict like me, you will soon require this Meccariello relative sizing reference, prepared by Tim at Medallion Shoes, China. The diagram is in Chinese, but I guess the numbers and alphabets are all that are needed. I realised from the lasted shoe tree (that my friend and I have) that A88 should be “Argentum Soft Square”.

View attachment 1206064
Thank you very much!!, in fact i also have the Edgware from C&J, i love the embracing fit, i am 6.5 E ... so in mecariello i should be 7 E, but i am thinking if i size up They should fit as good at the edgwares... in the referente guide all C&J owners size up half size so i think the fit should be also very good ?

Zaos1

Reaction score
I wear the C&J 348 last in UK 8E, and the AM Hawksbill in UK 8.5.

Hello, thank you very much!! In fact i also have the edgware 348 last... what i like the most about my edgware is the tight fit ?... what do you think about the fit of your Mecariellos, is it as tight as your C&J?? ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Thank you very much!!, in fact i also have the Edgware from C&J, i love the embracing fit, i am 6.5 E ... so in mecariello i should be 7 E, but i am thinking if i size up They should fit as good at the edgwares... in the referente guide all C&J owners size up half size so i think the fit should be also very good ?

Which last/ pair are you aiming at?

Service_out

Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much!! In fact i also have the edgware 348 last... what i like the most about my edgware is the tight fit ?... what do you think about the fit of your Mecariellos, is it as tight as your C&J?? ?
If I recall correctly, the C&J was probably more snug out of the box, but after about 1-2 years of regular wear feels more loose now than the AM, which was just very slightly less snug new, but the leather definitely does not stretch as much.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the C&J was probably more snug out of the box, but after about 1-2 years of regular wear feels more loose now than the AM, which was just very slightly less snug new, but the leather definitely does not stretch as much.

Exactly the same experience here. Somehow AM doesn’t stretch as much even after being broken in.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
The RMB 15xxx and 16xxx ones belong to the Aurum RTW range Medallion ordered from Antonio. They told me that since most of those ready-to-wear stock had been sold only a couple of pairs in isolated sizes (not exactly "odd" like UK13) were left.

The average risk of wallet damage due to those gorgeous pairs, therefore, is lower. ;)

Meccariello's Aurum RTW as recently acquired by @cliffordcaucus represent the epitome of value and craftsmanship. And the price, direct from Antonio, is always good. I wish he can continue this kind of "Limited Edition" in coming years...

Zaos1

Reaction score

Thanks, for what you say i think is Too risky to order my same size than my C&J, i think i am going so size up half size like the reviews suggest... thank you very much this fórum help me a lot to understand better the AM brand ?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Uh oh. UK 9 my size. Although it's 42.5 european :paranoia:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics