• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

GYWFan

Reaction score
Does anyone here wear the same size in AM as G&G, Vass, St. C or any other regulars?

Yep I wear 10.5 in Chisel 2 for AM and 10.5 for all GG lasts, 10.5F on St.C Classic Last and 10.5 (ie 44.5) on K-last for Vass.

For others, 10.5 for all EG lasts. And 10 for Carmina on Forest, Rain and Inca last and 10.5 on Simpson last.

Hope that helps!

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if he's still active, but inquire with @ThunderMarch as to the quality comparison between AM and JL, EG, etc. Highly entertaining, and educational.

I'm still alive these days.
But to be honest, pertaining to such a discussion, I think it would be best I keep my opinions to myself, or limited to private conversations. Lol.

Cheers.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Aeris. The value for money is just amazing even for the regular price... and I got them on Yeossal sale last year for something around 300 USD

047850D2-9C30-45F3-A6D6-DB669452BE1A.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks perfect. Somehow I think Meccariello's Centurion is more "exciting" than the classical EG Dover. Just have a look at ready-to-wear stock Centurion in Horween Hatchgrain by FineShoes (https://www.fineshoes.hk/products/centurion-in-horween-hatchgrain). I am sure the proposed pair in dark brown calf would be equally classic! :bigstar:

I think you will definitely benefit from trying on actual shoes, if you have particularly wide feet/ difficult-to-fit anatomy. Chisel and soft square feel similar to me (I have Chisel 2 and Soft Square - a pair form Medallion which they initially told me was Chisel 1, but I later found otherwise), and as @ThunderMarch mentioned somewhere in this thread, there is a difference in in-step (soft square being lower). If you have been unable to fit into any British shoes, I suspect it may not be a simple width issue. Could be the ball joint, or similar.

Hawksbill is a curved last which many have to up-size in order to fit. Guess for you it may be even more difficult to select the right fitting.

Ordering a pair of Argentum RTW for initial trial should be an inexpensive way of testing the fit. I think some of his casual shoes have rather generous lasts - and in case they fit you like Alden, you can proceed to Argentum-welted single-pair MTO. :bounce2:

Cheers!

Which retailer carries stock of AM RTW shoes in wide fitting? An Alden E fitting would be quite wide (I know because I wear 10.5E Barrie and Van and can’t fit into any standard widths of any maker I’ve tried), so I would be very interested in giving Antonio’s F fitting a try if some store has them.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Which retailer carries stock of AM RTW shoes in wide fitting? An Alden E fitting would be quite wide (I know because I wear 10.5E Barrie and Van and can’t fit into any standard widths of any maker I’ve tried), so I would be very interested in giving Antonio’s F fitting a try if some store has them.

Unfortunately, not that I know of...

FineShoes (located in the city I live) stocks only standard width; Yeossal, as far as I know, also only have standard width models; The Sabot... I am afraid, are simply running out of AM stock...

Perhaps best is to order an MTO pair of brogues in F-width and try? You could always adjust using the lacing, to additionally let out some lateral space, and the risk of getting something totally unwearable is therefore low.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you will definitely benefit from trying on actual shoes, if you have particularly wide feet/ difficult-to-fit anatomy.
[SNIP]
Ordering a pair of Argentum RTW for initial trial should be an inexpensive way of testing the fit. I think some of his casual shoes have rather generous lasts - and in case they fit you like Alden, you can proceed to Argentum-welted single-pair MTO. :bounce2:

Cheers!
All good points, and after a somewhat lengthy email exchange with Angela (which included sending her my foot measurements following their detailed measuring guide and a couple of pics of me wearing different shoes for her to see how they fit), she decided that UK 8.5 in the "E" fitting was the best size for me to try first. I've just ordered the last pair of Decurion 3 Wingtips that they had in stock in that size (in Castagna del prete Baby Box Calf):

decurion-3-wingtip.jpg

Can't wait to try these beauties on...

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering. Where all do they have the RTW shoes available in Brick and mortar stores ?

I am not sure about the sizing at all and would really like to try some on before buying ...

gmehra

Reaction score
I was wondering. Where all do they have the RTW shoes available in Brick and mortar stores ?

I am not sure about the sizing at all and would really like to try some on before buying ...
only medallion shoes in shanghai and beijing as far as I know. edit yeossal in singapore may have a few pairs kicking around

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads