• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

WilYa

Reaction score
On this occasion, I may share mine on Hawksbill from Sabot.
IMG_20180712_134458.jpg IMG_20180712_134346.jpg IMG_20180712_134316.jpg

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Article 26

Reaction score
What a pity, what’s your normal EG and JL sizes?

General guide is to wear the EG size, or half up from JL.
I’m both 8F (EE) in JL and EG. Size guidance was given by both yessoal and AM, I was not in a position to contradict them until now. So much for that. Both informed of JL and EG sizing.
They are, IMO, not remotely close to a wide fitting.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m both 8F (EE) in JL and EG. Size guidance was given by both yessoal and AM, I was not in a position to contradict them until now. So much for that. Both informed of JL and EG sizing.
They are, IMO, not remotely close to a wide fitting.

Hm, not many people wear the same size for EG and JL... tough feet to size

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you’re true wide soft square will probably not work even in F (I wear 9E in chisel 2 and 9F in soft square, and i’m 9E in GG MH71, TG73/DG70 in 9E is too tight, not wearable, JL I only tried on 8.5E in 7000? rubs the toe a bit but would probably work)

Article 26

Reaction score
If you’re true wide soft square will probably not work even in F (I wear 9E in chisel 2 and 9F in soft square, and i’m 9E in GG MH71, TG73/DG70 in 9E is too tight, not wearable, JL I only tried on 8.5E in 7000? rubs the toe a bit but would probably work)
I have the Inverness on the 888 in a F, no issue. Same for Westministers on the 888 F.
Don’t particularly care for chiselled toe, only jumped on the AM GMTO to try his shoes. I like to see what’s out there, I’ve had worse experiences. It is what it is.

spencert

Reaction score
What a pity, the lazy man is really a sweet pair of shoes. I am size 9.5 - 10E UK but couldn't fit into a soft square last in 10E. Went through Yeossal to order 10.5E for the Conicen. Glad I didn't choose the 10EE option offered.

Article 26

Reaction score
What a pity, the lazy man is really a sweet pair of shoes. I am size 9.5 - 10E UK but couldn't fit into a soft square last in 10E. Went through Yeossal to order 10.5E for the Conicen. Glad I didn't choose the 10EE option offered.
Upon review, think I could squeeze into a 8F oxford. Lazyman was not a good ‘first’ option - bound laces equates to a loafer, only really had loafer success with bespoke or, sadly, a 8G Gucci loafer.

I must say, construction of the AM lazyman was beautiful, really beautiful. I will try again.

spencert

Reaction score
Yes, please do, it would be a waste to sell it after all the waiting and it's such a handsome pair of shoes. I have an advantage because I managed to try the 10E in soft square and the instep + heel felt really tight. Still waiting for my 10.5E Conicen coming in only in Nov.

I also went ahead and try the a chisel 2 in 10E which fits like a glove. The different lasts really makes a huge difference.

Draconarius Burgundy in Chisel 2 Last

Article 26

Reaction score
Yes, please do, it would be a waste to sell it after all the waiting and it's such a handsome pair of shoes. I have an advantage because I managed to try the 10E in soft square and the instep + heel felt really tight. Still waiting for my 10.5E Conicen coming in only in Nov.

I also went ahead and try the a chisel 2 in 10E which fits like a glove. The different lasts really makes a huge difference.

Draconarius Burgundy in Chisel 2 Last
The lazy mans have been moved on, just too small. I recognise the size may be fine in a traditional oxford.

Must say, Yessol have been a pretty poor representative of the brand. My support questions were completely ignored.

spencert

Reaction score
On the contrary, I felt he was very accommodating to my needs and queries. There are certain risks one have to take when ordering online I guess. Now that you know your size... you will do better should you decide to try AM again. Don't think it will be difficult to offload the lazyman though. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads