• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the sake of clarity, trees are included in the "Meccariello" (standard) line, but not in the Aurum line.  I am assuming the quality of the trees is different, but I have not received my  Meccariello line order yet.  Maybe someone else who has a pair can comment.  

Yes please keep us posted when they come in with plenty of pictures.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My aurum trees are 3-piece lasted to fit my modifications. they cost extra. i think they are worth it. if you're gonna drop serious dough on shoes...should prob invest in the trees to keep them nice.

also, the weak euro makes the price increases seem not so bad...

too bad antonio isn't russian...then his shoes would be 50% off
crackup[1].gif

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My aurum trees are 3-piece lasted to fit my modifications. they cost extra. i think they are worth it. if you're gonna drop serious dough on shoes...should prob invest in the trees to keep them nice.

crackup[1].gif

Yes, love the euro right now. New shoes and a watch ordered from Europe in the past couple weeks.

I know the Aurum trees are a nicer finish, but do you know if the standard line trees are fit to any modifications or if they just fit the original last?

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

crackup%5B1%5D.gif

I went for the whole thing. I just wanted to see if there was another price increase that recently happened thus my asking in this thread.

Unfortunately, my bank didn't give me a good exchange rate. In fact, if the payment can go through Paypal, I would have gotten a better rate. Lol!

Either way, I can't wait to get the final product (and test boots).:slayer:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got new Meccariello Aurum Romulus adelaides in the post today :-D
tumblr_nh39ea8lr31rmf81eo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh39ea8lr31rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

Their maiden voyage:

Great choice! I love that Adelaide and it looks great in that color. Did you get any modifications to the last? Are those the standard shoe trees?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the Aurum trees are a nicer finish, but do you know if the standard line trees are fit to any modifications or if they just fit the original last?

I believe they are made to fit modifications, but you should ask him to clarify.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got new Meccariello Aurum Romulus adelaides in the post today :-D
tumblr_nh39ea8lr31rmf81eo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh39ea8lr31rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

Their maiden voyage:

Love these. Fit aside, are these leagues above the St James II?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look like they could be.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love these. Fit aside, are these leagues above the St James II?

Yes. Aurum line is made to his bespoke standards in terms of materials used and construction. Per Antonio, his "standard" line is comparable to G&G & EG, but his are hand welted and better finishing...so basically a notch above.

While I am still in the process of receiving my first shoe (standard line), my thinking is that my shoe closest will become a mix of Antonio and Carmina....two great values, but at different price points.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. To be honest, I'm intimidated by the measuring instructions.

That is what loving wives and girlfriends (or boyfriends) are for.

Verniza

Reaction score

Yes.  Aurum line is made to his bespoke standards in terms of materials used and construction.  Per Antonio, his "standard" line is comparable to G&G & EG, but his are hand welted and better finishing...so basically a notch above.  

While I am still in the process of receiving my first shoe (standard line), my thinking is that my shoe closest will become a mix of Antonio and Carmina....to great values, but at different price points. 

Looking forward to seeing them :slayer:

Haven't seen too many standard lines to accurately judge the finishing and waist treatment, am still on the fence right now :embar:

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I am still in the process of receiving my first shoe (standard line), my thinking is that my shoe closest will become a mix of Antonio and Carmina....two great values, but at different price points.
That is exactly what my shoe wardrobe has ended up looking like. Occasional Meermin for bad weather.

Standard finish is on par these days with what I have seen from G&G as it has been improving considerably over the past years. I would even say the coloring is considerably better on a Meccariello.

The fit of the shoe also improves with each order. First one fit nearly as well as a G&G, third one may as well have been long time bespoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics