• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a pair of jodhpurs in Aurum in calf, double leather sole with metal taps. Got quoted 1900€. Still debating on it. I know the price increased this year but I'm just wondering how much it went up for boots.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a pair of jodhpurs in Aurum in calf, double leather sole with metal taps. Got quoted 1900€. Still debating on it. I know the price increased this year but I'm just wondering how much it went up for boots.

It was 900 for Aurum shoes and 50 for metal taps. I don't think there was extra for the double leather but I never asked about the boot uncharge. it probably was a few hundred higher but now with the increase, I could see it close to that amount. Is that with a trial shoe or custom last? If so, that definitely makes sense.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was 900 for Aurum shoes and 50 for metal taps. I don't think there was extra for the double leather but I never asked about the boot uncharge. it probably was a few hundred higher but now with the increase, I could see it close to that amount. Is that with a trial shoe or custom last? If so, that definitely makes sense. 

Antonio emailed me again and corrected the amount. That 1900 is for a seamless wholecut chelsea without test shoes. It's 1650 for jodhpurs. Trees and test shoes/modified last are extra.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio emailed me again and corrected the amount. That 1900 is for a seamless wholecut chelsea without test shoes. It's 1650 for jodhpurs. Trees and test shoes/modified last are extra.

that seems more correct, especially for the Aurum.

Verniza

Reaction score

Remember seeing the latest post that he would increase Aurum line to EUR1100 this year, EUR900 was his prelaunch price point all excluding test shoes or modification.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid EUR 1,650 for:

MTO Aurum shoes -- EUR 1,000
bespoke 2-piece trees -- EUR 120 (3-piece trees are EUR 150)
last modification + Goodyear-welted test shoes -- EUR 300
LuLu metal tips -- EUR 50
Shipping for the test shoes and final pair to NYC -- EUR 180

This was before his price increase after the New Year, so now it's EUR 1,100 for MTO Aurum shoes. EUR 1,650 for boots without last modification or test shoes sounds about right.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1100 for Aurum + 200 or around for boots + 100 for modification + shoe tree 100 + DHL and metal shoe tips and you'll approximately arrived to 1650.

The 1650 doesn't include last modification, trees, or shipping.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Usually when he gives prices he takes in account the trees, last modification and shipping, you can ask him the invoice, like that you'll see the details.

I placed my order. Trees and last modification are definitely extra. Now the waiting begins.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the sake of clarity, trees are included in the "Meccariello" (standard) line, but not in the Aurum line. I am assuming the quality of the trees is different, but I have not received my Meccariello line order yet. Maybe someone else who has a pair can comment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads